• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 19: Bassano Del Grappa - Cima Grappa 26.8 km MTT

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kwibus said:
Gesink was challenging Valverde for the Vuelta win at age 22 until he crashed and had to finish the Vuelta with a big hole in his knee.
Gesink was a HUGE talent, but he only got worse some how.

I'd like to add that Gesink never was as good as Aru was today btw.
Still Gesink gets worse every year he should grow stronger ;)

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Quintana won, even with a bike change! Unbelievable. He will be missed in the Tour.

And Aru, what a talent. He seems to have a promising future. Think of how strong he will be when he is 27.

May 17, 2014
Visit site
2 possibilities for tomorrow:

1. Quintana to stick the knife once again in Uran, attack with Aru and help him take 2nd place

2.Quintana to do a Colombian and pace Uran so he remains second.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Aru don't have a contract for next year though. I might get a heart attack this July when contracts are being signed :eek:

All Vino has to tell him is that if he goes to sky he'll become the new Boasson Hagen

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Beyond any reasonable doubt.

cineteq said:
Bo5KqeJIgAAXc0A.png

What will the honourable GMs from Tinkoff, Omega, BMC, et al claim now, besides conceding to be bad sports'. Nairo 4 Vuelta as well. Next year he'll target the TdF. Period

luckyboy said:
Aru is already closer to winning a GT than Gesink ever has been and its his second ever GT

Not all that much different if you ask me. Gesink was 7th in his 1st GT (at almost 2 years younger) to the likes of Contador, Leipheimer, Sastre, Mosquera, Valverde, and Jrod. Just saying that there's no guarantee Aru ever wins a GT let alone becomes one of the best GT riders of his generation as there is so much young talent coming up right now.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:

1. Quintana to stick the knife once again in Uran, attack with Aru and help him take 2nd place

...... 3.Aru to be worse tomorrow as a result of bad recovery.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:
Quintana won, even with a bike change! Unbelievable. He will be missed in the Tour.

And Aru, what a talent. He seems to have a promising future. Think of how strong he will be when he is 27.

They all had bikes changes, so it doesn't mean that much.

PirazziAttacksVino said:

First priority for him will be to win the stage there I bet.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
montani3semper said:
What will the honourable GMs from Tinkoff, Omega, BMC, et al claim now, besides conceding to be bad sports'. Nairo 4 Vuelta as well. Next year he'll target the TdF. Period

What is the point of that? Any GM said that Quintana is not the best cyclist in this Giro?

Fzotrlool said:

Dude- the majority of the top 10 did change bikes..;)

..And yes - Aru is Awesome - I wonder how he and Nibbs are going to work the Leadership tho..

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
point to note: Quintana was visibly slowing down as compared to Aru from the km marker to the point where the camera bikes turned left.

he had gained about 25 secs in just the final approx 500m.

So anyone thought that Quintana was giving his all is probably mistaken.

from what I saw, i think Quintana had measured his speed based so that he could get a stage win. he didnt look at the victory margin imho.

Aru rode damn well. But, i think tomorrow is going to be a totally different race.

With the 3 min advantage, Quintana might play safe. he might go for another stage victory. we need to wait and watch.

TRENDING THREADS