• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienn - La Toussuire-Les Sybelle

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

difdauf said:
Jim2784 said:
bigcog said:
Tw*t in a white hat:

This guy has to be arrested and dealt with in the courts, the French really do let themselves down with this type of nonsense....please don't someone try to tell me he's not French...

Italian flag in the hands of the guy next to him.

Italians were too busy cheering Nibali too care, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck...its a duck!!!

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

fungusbear said:
Only way Quintana wins is if he goes on Croix de Fer and even then it might not work. More likely Quintana will do what he did today and wait to go closer to the finish. Will want to win the stage so will probably not throw everything at Froome.

Yeah he should do that because he will get a few people with him when he attacks and Froome will be isolated. Will Quintana risk everything to win though? I don't think he will because he's a negative rider and Valverde's influence is brushing off on him.

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Jim2784 said:
difdauf said:
Jim2784 said:
bigcog said:
Tw*t in a white hat:

This guy has to be arrested and dealt with in the courts, the French really do let themselves down with this type of nonsense....please don't someone try to tell me he's not French...

Italian flag in the hands of the guy next to him.

Italians were too busy cheering Nibali too care, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck...its a duck!!!

From what i hear, french were really busy cheering Nibali too.

franic said:
Springveldt said:
Scarponi said:
One guy out of 15000 did something wrong. Sky will make it out like it's everyone

The vitriol being poured out at Froome is incredible, I've never seen a Tour leader being disrespected so much while on the road. It's ridiculous and totally over the top.
Not even close:
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/eddy-merckx-magic-moment-1975-tour-de-france-59812

Well maybe he didn't see 1975!

TMP402 said:
Springveldt said:
Scarponi said:
One guy out of 15000 did something wrong. Sky will make it out like it's everyone
You must have missed the old guy who gave him the **** you sign about 4 times as he came round a hairpin on one of the climbs.

The vitriol being poured out at Froome is incredible, I've never seen a Tour leader being disrespected so much while on the road. It's ridiculous and totally over the top.

https://twitter.com/philousports/status/624583058100871168

That is cringe-tastic. He is a grown man, wow some sub-species follow rhe Tour

Re:

willbick said:
You can bet the authrorities are getting very worried about what may happen on alp duez

Prduhomme was just interwied by French TV. He was very happy about the stage and looking forward to the outcome tomorrow. Not a word about the supporters assaulting Froome, I guess it is part of the "atmosphere in the Alps"... :rolleyes:

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Poursuivant said:
TMP402 said:
Springveldt said:
Scarponi said:
You must have missed the old guy who gave him the **** you sign about 4 times as he came round a hairpin on one of the climbs.

I am pretty sure this old guy is french. I can't stop laughing.

difdauf said:
Poursuivant said:
TMP402 said:
Springveldt said:
Scarponi said:

I am pretty sure this old guy is french. I can't stop laughing.

Yep, I am sure my grandfather could have acted like that as well :D

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Eh, being spat on is nothing new for riders at the TDF. LA was angry about it and complained quite a bit as well, so they have that and team domination in common.

Sorry , but this IS a French problem and it's tend to be heavier than elsewhere.

I haven't seen this in Südtirol to Italian riders, I also must have missed it if there was something similar against Spanish riders in Basque Country.

This comes from their annoying “Vive le France“ attitude. Just go there and try to speak English with them, because you can't speak French. And it's the same in French Belgium and to a lesser extend in Luxemburg. Or try to find some young people in Alsace that are still able to speak their dialect.

It's just disgusting, annoying, respectless and makes a beatiful country, with a beautiful culture, beatiful landscape, fantastic food and lovely people look so damn dislikable.

Re:

staubsauger said:
Sorry , but this IS a French problem and it's tend to be heavier than elsewhere.

I haven't seen this in Südtirol to Italian riders, I also must have missed it if there was something similar against Spanish riders in Basque Country.

This comes from their annoying “Vive le France“ attitude. Just go there and try to speak English with them, because you can't speak French. And it's the same in French Belgium and to a lesser extend in Luxemburg. Or try to find some young people in Alsace that are still able to speak their dialect.

It's just disgusting, annoying, respectless and makes a beatiful country, with a beatiful culture, beatiful landscape, fantastic food and lovely people look so damn dislikable.

The spitting guy was Italian.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

staubsauger said:

It's just disgusting, annoying, respectless and makes a beatiful country, with a beatiful culture, beatiful landscape, fantastic food and lovely people look so damn dislikable.

I agree with you mostly, but obviously not all French people are nasty. I stayed with the nicest family I have ever met last summer and they were French.

TRENDING THREADS