• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 9 TDS: Liestal ITT - 26.9km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I'm not defensive, I already thought that you got this idea from the Graham Watson publicity machine. What Watson doesn't mention is that Gesink had just covered a Schleck move. As soon as Armstrong enters the picture, Watson loses all objectivity.

hahaha gesink was hanging on for dear life. He was clearly well into the redzone. Lance was just out for a leisurly training ride and gesink was killing himself trying to follow.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Come on Bobby!

If you lose because you aren't good enough, that's fine. But if you lose because you take a tumble, or whatever, I will cry. I've already torn out quite a few hairs over your failings in the past.

And you will keep doing it for the rest of his career. I have pulled a lot of hair out but it grows back pretty quickly!:eek:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Weather forecast: rain. OK, I've lost all hope, Gesink won't win this.

ACF94 is doing a rain dance! Come on stevie m!

Just imagine, gesink on a tt bike, going into a tight corner, on the downhill, in the rain! :eek:

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe rain is good for Gesink!
Armstrong will pussy out like prologue as well as shlecks etc so he will only have Uran and Morabito to worry about

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
ttrider said:
Armstrong will pussy out like prologue as well as shlecks etc so he will only have Uran and Morabito to worry about

I don't think Armstrong will pussy out with his good GC spot, he won't form a danger for Gesinks lead though, his TT performance pretty much sucks from what I've seen yet...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ttrider said:

no it's not, have you ever seen gesink downhil? especially in rain. this all bodes wel for uran, since he's excellent downhiller although he has lost some of his magic by that crash in germany 3 years ago.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah but there are some steeper and technical downhil parts from what I've heard. a few good rainy corners and gesink could lose 5/6 seconds per corner to a good downhiller.

So if I read my guide correctly Versus has really dropped the ball on this one. They are showing yesterday's stage this afternoon, how do you not show a final stage race time trail that has twelve riders within two minutes of the yellow jersey?

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Moviefan1203 said:
So if I read my guide correctly Versus has really dropped the ball on this one. They are showing yesterday's stage this afternoon, how do you not show a final stage race time trail that has twelve riders within two minutes of the yellow jersey?

and when are they showing it?

auscyclefan94 said:
Here's ACF's take

Seriously, what race have you been watching? I have found it very exciting.

On a serious note, that means the pressure and effort gesink has made may take away from his tt performance. Stevy M will rip it up tonight.

ACF: Responding on this thread to your post on yesterday's thread.

General consensus was that yesterday's stage was very interesting and exciting, with Saxo constantly pressurising Gesink, on the very undulating course.

Where were you?

auscyclefan94 said:
I am thinking of going to bed. This won't be exciting like yesterdays stage.

Now, I'm not trying to be critical, here, just pointing out how racing-centric versus team-centric viewing points of view, are different.

BMC, Shack and Rabo supporters would naturally find this race exciting, whereby, the neutral watcher would generally find this race a bit of a dud.

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
I so hope Gesink wins the TdS. It will boost his confidence which he badly needs.
Too bad I got a bad feeling about today. Atleast don't fall buddy :)

Explosiveness is the thing he lacks and needs, he's certainly doesn't lack confidence.