• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

STAGE15: Cesana Torinese - Col Du Galibier (Valloire) 149 kms

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
What do you think about Niemiec? I put him in top ten before Giro, but he's doing even better than I thought - and would've been even better if he didn't have to wait for Scarponi couple days ago. I'm glad that he's doing better than Scarponi, but MTT will probably be different story.

After Uran he's best domestic in this race.

Christian said:
Wow once Betancur learns how to time his attacks better he will be unstopable! Great Giro by him, very exciting rider

I totally agree, I like him much better than Quintana for example. I wish only the best for this guy, hope he can fulfill his obvious potential.

And why are you all watching British Eurosport if it sucks so much? Don't most people here speak some other language natively?

spalco said:
I totally agree, I like him much better than Quintana for example. I wish only the best for this guy, hope he can fulfill his obvious potential.

And why are you all watching British Eurosport if it sucks so much? Don't most people here speak some other language natively?

I watch cycling on tv. Sky unlike some european providers, dont offer alternative languages. Even though they claim to appeal to the "cultured" with channels like "sky arts" though from what ive seen most of that is movie stars and not real artists

spalco said:

Sometimes Rai stream doesnt work great..out of choice really.

Alright, I understand if you're living in the UK, but still it appears to me, that although we're all communicating in English here, most users come from countries like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, etc. and still whine about British Eurosport, which I don't understand, because there have got to be alternatives. But maybe that impression of me is wrong, I don't know.

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Nobody will be able to hurt nibali while they let Astana tap out thy sort of pace, sky and vini need to hit the front and isolate nibali ala stage 10 otherwise this is going to be a walk in the park

May 16, 2013
Visit site
roundabout said:
3 minutes slower Telegraphe than in 2011. Even Hincapies, Moinards, Morabitos and co were a minute faster than the maglia rosa group today.

Much better weather in 2011, but still the difference is quite big.

in 2011 the climb was at the start of the stage and the snow and the cold weather conditions the yield of riders.in there was an attack by Contador. today it was all more quiet

spalco said:
True, the Giro should only ever cross the border to Austria, everthing else is a mistake. :D

Give Zomegnan a bit of time, and Slovenia would come calling.

MANGART77.gif

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea, but you got to pay to get Giro showing off your natural beauties, and Slovenia is in pretty deep **** at the moment.

I dont see it happening in the next few years.

roundabout said:
3 minutes slower Telegraphe than in 2011. Even Hincapies, Moinards, Morabitos and co were a minute faster than the maglia rosa group today.

Much better weather in 2011, but still the difference is quite big.

visconti even the fastest today.

here all the time ascents of telegraphe,galibier...1998 included

http://climbing-records.blogspot.ro/

2007 have two, one is from dauphine.

like i said, if not for the huge amount of energy left on galibier, alberto could have beaten marco's time on alpe d'huez. and at least 10 guys under 40

kangert was bit weaker today acted more as minder and dont think he set any tempo, but nibali knows that bmc and lampre who dont seem to want send men up road will also help chase any break or attack with a gc threat in it.

Giro to ireland is good thing, it often pays for itelf in attracting visitors and business to the town. Might go to the depart in belfast, also going watch them come into dublin.

spalco said:
Alright, I understand if you're living in the UK, but still it appears to me, that although we're all communicating in English here, most users come from countries like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, etc. and still whine about British Eurosport, which I don't understand, because there have got to be alternatives. But maybe that impression of me is wrong, I don't know.

Belgians have Sporza, but I'm not so sure about other nationalities.

Kangert is nowwhere near the best domestique.

He is riding his own race, Enzo best helper is by far Agnoli. He gives for Nibali everything he has, while Kangert is quietly trying to ride his race.

Remember the first mountain top finish ? Kangert was dropped early, and finished not far behind, while Agnoli made all the work.

Agnoli was also great last year in Liquigas, he is a great team rider.