• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stagiaire list

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I had a flick through this list and started to wonder 2 things...number one as an australian does anyone question the value of having an aussie team after looking through? And 2 westley gough must be some rider...only 12 years old.

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
yep i noticed the same thing, as an aussie i thought well how many have we got??? bit disappointed but don't forget most of our young talent is already employed at the pro tour level, with the myer brothers and jack bobridge at garmin, leigh howard at HTC and porte at saxo, im sure theres more but the point is the future's looking good :)

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think

It'd need a mulitnational Aussie related sponsor like Quantas or Goldcoast. Im not sure that Winerys are allowed. Im sure you can think of 1 or 2. Does Austrialan sport fans (mainstream) have any interest in cycling? I think the sponsor would need to view their aims towards the Euro market i.e tourists or something??

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
I had a flick through this list and started to wonder 2 things...number one as an australian does anyone question the value of having an aussie team after looking through? And 2 westley gough must be some rider...only 12 years old.

haha Westly Gough's in his early 20's I think... maybe 22 not 12? He was in the NZ pursuit team at the Beijing Olympics

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Qantas won't be sponsoring as they sponsor the wallabies I think (rugby union).

Would be nice to have a team for the aussies to rule the streets of europe. I think Fly V have the right approach but need to get a bigger sponsor, into ssome bigger races for more exposure and some bigger riders which means some top aussies and euros.