• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the forum 2024

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pog has had 3 weeks of rest at the giro never getting out of gen z2. Now he's having a week's rest from the dope, off to altitude for 2 weeks chasing the dragon, then a week's rest in zone 0, then slow build up to the tour. This is probably the most rested and untested Pog ever.
Forumites should take their inspiration from Pog, get some rest before CdD (that's going to be an ordeal with the whole Remco-Rog thingy) and during the tour I'm optimistic that the forum can be obliterated.

Giro was pretty exhausting but I withstood it well thanks altitude camps (treks in the Alps and the Pyrenees). Now time for some rest: in a few weeks we will have to be in peak form. I can't exagerrate with my performances though: the doping control team (moderation) is very strict and bans even for harmless substances (like orange juice or chocolate).

Last edited:
Giro was pretty exhausting but I withstood it well thanks altitude camps (treks in the Alps and the Pyrenees). Now time for some rest: in a few weeks we will have to be in peak form. I can't exagerrate with my performances though: the doping control team (moderation) is very strict and bans even for harmless substances (like orange juice or chocolate).
Using Ferrari logic, EPO and orange juice are on a par. At any rate, I believe the chocolate test is quite flawed and you can get off by arguing it occurred naturally in your body. If all else fails, get a back dated TUE from the local sweet shop owner.

@Sandisfan thanks for every reaction, everyday! My day is weird when i wake up, pick up the phone, go to the forum of cycling news and don't see some notification with a reaction by sandisfan.

It was time to say it, and this is the better place to say it.

You are always in peak shape. You are like the Alejandro Valverde of this forum.
Sometimes I get worried I’ve said something so profoundly stupid when I log in and see 14 bell reactions the next morning but it’s always the comforting and soothing likes of Sandisfan

Just like Vingegaard, i had some setbacks in the last weeks on this forum, due some doping control(moderation thought Ketones were doping) and crashes, but i will be in top shape in July. Now it's all about getting the hard miles and sorry if you can't dream big and believe in miracles.

I am already at altitude training camp in Tignes, doing a proper preparation to the Tour, because the competition there will be fierce.

Emirates will go to the Tour with top riders like Salvarani, mou and his heteronyms, Peyroteo94, Bora will go to the Tour with top riders like CyclistAbi, bnator, red rick, and Quick step will also be strong with top riders like Logic-is-your-friend and Berniece.

I am going to do everything i can to win the third and do a top performance here, but it will not be easy, let's hope at least Mlarsen turns into Kuss and give me some help!

Last edited:
Now is the time to buckle up and take it easy till the Tour but somebody is bound to fly too close to the sun at Dauphine like Padun in ‘21. Best to keep the powder dry and the blood bags wet and hide up in the mountains the next few weeks to seek that sweet serenity before the firestorm that will ensue.

Just like Vingegaard, i had some setbacks in the last weeks on this forum, due some doping control(moderation thought Ketones were doping) and crashes, but i will be in top shape in July. Now it's all about getting the hard miles and sorry if you can't dream big and believe in miracles.

I am already at altitude training camp in Tignes, doing a proper preparation to the Tour, because the competition there will be fierce.

Emirates will go to the Tour with top riders like Salvarani, mou and his heteronyms, Peyroteo94, Bora will go to the Tour with top riders like CyclistAbi, bnator, red rick, and Quick step will also be strong with top riders like Logic-is-your-friend and Berniece.

I am going to do everything i can to win the third and do a top performance here, but it will not be easy, let's hope at least Mlarsen turns into Kuss and give me some help!
Clearly UAE fields an impressive lineup and they also seem to be all in for each other on this forum, in stark contrast to the road, while Bora might face internal struggles, not sure how keen they are on each other. All parties seem to be quite prone to losing posters due to sanctions, I would be surprised if all teams make it through the tour without violations and timeouts - especially UAE seem subsceptible, as they are the most hot headed, but some might have exhausted themselves and the g, o, a and t keys on their keyboards during the giro. However, as far as I can tell you don't have a strong team to support you, so I wish you all the best and don't get yourself banned again, as your team will have a big problem then!

On a different topic. @Red Rick, your new avatar makes me feel like you’re going through an existential crisis. Are you okay?
24808.jpg