• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Stefan Küng thread

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Is he Swiss? Is he a Liechtensteiner? He's raced for both countries, but what I do know is that he's been putting in some gutsy riders since he became a pro cyclist.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Swiss born and raised, but he inherited also Liechtenstein pass from his mother (who was, as far as I know, also born in Switzerland, but her mother was Liechtenstein). He is seen as a new Cancellara here, but let's see how that ends up :) Anyway it is pretty entertaining to watch him race.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
He needs to ride a bit more intelligently, though. Yesterday he kept squandering energy when it was already crystal clear he was going to be caught, which might be okay for a Caja Rural rider who just wants camera time, but not for a rider who could win stages later in the race.

Re: Re:

SafeBet said:
Cance > TheRest said:
SafeBet said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Kung in the breakaway today, perhaps to assist Daniel Oss.
I'd say it's the other way around.
Oss is way faster in a sprint, though.
He was in the break yesterday and spent a lot of energy. None of them has many chances of winning such a stage anyway.

Küng will have to get away earlier and build up a Nice advantage but I'm not sure thats possible with Trentin there + a couple of Tinkoff riders.

TRENDING THREADS