• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stephen "The Pharmacist" Dank

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
Was perhaps the man behind questionable practices at the Australian Football League's Essendon Football club.

According the this article, http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/al...ty-essendon-club/story-fnelctok-1226571185543 he has be involved in other controversial actions in the past as well.

I am wondering what else is known about this man.

Another article - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...afl-drug-scandal/story-e6frfgbo-1226571172109
Sorry about merging your thread.

It should be working fine now :)

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
sittingbison said:
we'd better not talk about the OTHER team that used these services - Geelong. Now, how many premierships and grand finals have they been in recently?

Or the fact that he was at Manly in 2008 when they won the NRL.

Mad Elephant Man said:
Or the fact that he was at Manly in 2008 when they won the NRL.
lol the article also mentions Dean Robinson. Together these two have had a reputation as dodgey characters in Aussie S&C circles for donkey's years. I think the other guy in the photo is Robinson actually.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Krebs cycle said:
lol the article also mentions Dean Robinson. Together these two have had a reputation as dodgey characters in Aussie S&C circles for donkey's years. I think the other guy in the photo is Robinson actually.

Interesting. What does S&C mean?

Mad Elephant Man said:
Interesting. What does S&C mean?
what ferminal said. btw, when I say dodgey I mean in a used car salesman kinda way as opposed to being known for certain as overseeing doping programs.

I know people who worked with them directly at Manly and didn't see any evidence of doping (not saying it never happened, but if it was, then it certainly wasn't out in the open).

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Krebs cycle said:
what ferminal said. btw, when I say dodgey I mean in a used car salesman kinda way as opposed to being known for certain as overseeing doping programs.

I know people who worked with them directly at Manly and didn't see any evidence of doping (not saying it never happened, but if it was, then it certainly wasn't out in the open).
you think they woulda mastered the plausible deniability.

first thing you need in your structured program.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Dr Robin Willcourt has come out and said he discussed things that could and could not use with Dank and Robinson last year.
Explained in this interview, http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-06/doctor-met-with-dons-pair

I am now listening to interview with him on Adelaide radio station FiveAA where he has explained what he did and his attitudes towards the WADA code and **** Pound.
He has heavily criticized **** Pound and the WADA code as being to restrictive. He wants to be able to treat patients with testosterone and HGH to normalize levels and keep them healthy. He would love to rewrite the WADA code.
He also said he works with athletes but would not name them. Do not know whether they are elite sportsmen amateurs.
He also said that he is sad to see lots of the athletes who are winning medals at Olympics and the like because they are obviously (to him) doping.
He also described Dank and Robinson has being highly professional, which disagrees with what Krebs Cycle said. From listening to him I would go with Krebs Cycle's thoughts
Interesting interview.

Krebs Cycle do you know anything on this Dr. Robin Willcourt?

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Dank worked with another AFL club the Brisbane Lions in 2009 and they have released a statement. It does not mention Dank by name but the article linked to below the statement identifies Dank

Their statement reads
Brisbane Lions Statement said:
An individual associated with Essendon's fitness program during the period currently under investigation had a brief and limited consulting role to the Brisbane Lions' altitude training program at the start of 2009. The individual provided training advice to staff with regards to the club's altitude program and had limited contact with players. The individual had no involvement in providing the club with either nutritional, supplement or medical advice. Club management informed the AFL of its brief and limited involvement with the individual as soon as it became aware of it earlier today.

Good old altitude training.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...eve-dank-in-2009/story-e6frf9jf-1226572063603

The Weapon and Mr Dank.:p

Hopefully this can lead to investigations in to Geelong and Ultimately the whole AFL and expose what a drug ridden sport it is.

Amusingly when the Essendon players gained bulk last off season, an Essendon supporter started a thread in a footy forum on players becoming huge at his club.

Most of the footy supporters do have their head in the sand when it comes to doping.
Perhaps, this will give them a good wake up call.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
the asian said:
The Weapon and Mr Dank.:p

Hopefully this can lead to investigations in to Geelong and Ultimately the whole AFL and expose what a drug ridden sport it is.

Amusingly when the Essendon players gained bulk last off season, an Essendon supporter started a thread in a footy forum on players becoming huge at his club.

Most of the footy supporters do have their head in the sand when it comes to doping.
Perhaps, this will give them a good wake up call.

The Mark Thompson connection between Geelong and Essendon might be very interesting as well.

If it is proven Essendon and especially Geelong doped then the backlash will be massive. The supporters are ignorant and if asked would get angry at the suggestion of doping. Their anger will not pretty.

Of course if it is proved Essendon players were doped and most of them have to serve a 2 year suspensions it would have massive ramifications for the competition.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site