• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Strade Bianche 2013, March 2nd, 188 kms 1.1

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Who will be able to drop him? It's Sagan's race to lose.

Il Delfino! :D:D

Cancellara

Gasparotto, someone from Blanco. Van Avermaet, even. he was pretty impressive saturday. it's not as if they are much stronger than him on paper, but they can do it on a good day. it is just a prediction.
(it's a pity that Gilbert isnt riding btw)
both of those climbs are steeper than the cauberg. where he managed a 3rd. after a tiresome spring campaign, i know. his race to lose is def pushing it, though.

also, i do welcome the fact that Valverde, Evans, Pelizotti, and Cunego are doing this race. just to name a few of those participants that can climb. someone like that can win here

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
too early to predict. It should be warmer than it is now, that's for sure.
I'm thinking about wet conditions... Not necessarily rainy, but wet from previous weekend(s).
That should mean soft surface and very unpleasant experience.
Environment for a lighter, but tough rider.
Who could it be?

serfla said:
I'm thinking about wet conditions... Not necessarily rainy, but wet from previous weekend(s).
That should mean soft surface and very unpleasant experience.
Environment for a lighter, but tough rider.
Who could it be?
It snowed until yesterday. No idea how the surface will be in 5 days.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
It snowed until yesterday. No idea how the surface will be in 5 days.
Should be wet... Can't be dry in such a short time. At least I hope so.
CX/mtb/dirt experience may prove decisive.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
gruppeto993 said:
+1
Cancellara can race like he did last year attacking from the climb.

Cancellara is not in last year's form, normally he shouldn't have been invisible in Oman. No way he's going to dominate.

Sagan is the strongest puncheur in the race and he has good form unlike most opponents, he just has to keep the race together if Moser isn't there.

Pentacycle said:
Cancellara is not in last year's form, normally he shouldn't have been invisible in Oman. No way he's going to dominate.

Sagan is the strongest puncheur in the race and he has good form unlike most opponents, he just has to keep the race together if Moser isn't there.

:confused::confused:

You do know that he worked for Gallopin, right?

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
:confused::confused:

You do know that he worked for Gallopin, right?

Working for Gallopin is perfectly fine but truth be told you would have expected to see him a bit more either in Qatar or Oman. It was in fact Qatar which got me most worried. Last year he was going very well there, this year he was chilling out the back.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
TJ Slagter to dominate

Naturally, the others really don't even have to bother starting the race... But seriously, I'm still not joining the bandwagon, as any rider(or at least Dutchman :eek:) I've ever been positive about tends to fail immediately. It's for Slagter's own sake that I'm underestimating him. :D

Froome19 said:
Working for Gallopin is perfectly fine but truth be told you would have expected to see him a bit more either in Qatar or Oman. It was in fact Qatar which got me most worried. Last year he was going very well there, this year he was chilling out the back.
There was almost zero wind this year. Not much for him to do.