• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Strade Bianche 2024, March 2, one-day classic (men's)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That's such a misrepresentation of 21st century cycling it's not even funny.

I've said similar things about Evenepoel solos in the past, and strangely you didn't disagree as much with that.
If Roglic did an 80km solo, would you like it? I'm all in favour of attacking cycling, whether I like the cyclist or not. But what do I know. I tuned in at 60 km to go to find the race over. It would be great to have the long range attack and a strong chase to leave it up in the air for as long as possible. But I'll take the sledgehammer attack over no attack.

If Roglic did an 80km solo, would you like it? I'm all in favour of attacking cycling, whether I like the cyclist or not. But what do I know. I tuned in at 60 km to go to find the race over. It would be great to have the long range attack and a strong chase to leave it up in the air for as long as possible. But I'll take the sledgehammer attack over no attack.
Rogla can do an 80 km wheelsuck

Reactions: topcat
Have a hard time imagine Roglic making an 80km attack where it's instantly race over and everyone agrees about it.

Long solo's can be cool when there's still tension about whether they will win or not, and if they stand out in a riders palmares and if they subvert expectations.

When the question goes from "who will win" to "will he nuke everyone else at 50km to go or 80km to go" it's not as interesting to me.

Reactions: topcat