• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Strade Bianche 2024, March 2, one-day classic (women's)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I would take the 6 listed above the line. I don't really believe in Rüegg, Wyllie and Kerbaol for this race. Kerbaol is probably the leader of her team, which could give her an advantage, but I'm not convinced she'll be strong enough to get a good result. A Marta Lach breakaway might be Ceratizit's best shot of having someone left in the final.

If it had been possible, which it seems it isn't, I'd probably replace Labous, Bauernfeind and Muzic with other riders.
It only keeps getting more crowded (the riders in gray rectangles are all on the startlist and I can only pick 6 to score)...
Zrzut-ekranu-2024-03-01-112256.png

At this point I feel the race will be won by a rider I will have to leave out. :p

At this point I feel the race will be won by a rider I will have to leave out. :p

Well I think it will be won by either Kopecky or Vollering, so you don't have to worry about that ;)

I'd probably keep the team as it is now. Bauernfeind and Labous are risky picks, since Niwiadoma and Georgi looks like the leaders of their teams, and Bauernfeind might not even end up as the second best finisher on hers, but the other options don't really look much better. Labous has never finished in the top 20 in this race, so that could be an argument for swapping her out. Muzic should have a bigger role now that CUL is out and Brown's shape is unknown, but she hasn't ridden the race in three years.

Reactions: Anderis
I actually met Lotte Kopecky earlier this week, and I can inform Libertine that she wasn't an egomaniac raised in the worst and most lukewarm sewer of hell. We had a nice chat, and she seemed quite down to earth. I didn't ask her for a picture, since I believe human beings should be able to enjoy themselves without having to share everything with the world. I did regret it slightly afterwards though, but that feeling went away when I eventually woke up and realised it had all been a dream. Whether that tells us anything about how the race will pan out, I can't say.

I actually met Lotte Kopecky earlier this week, and I can inform Libertine that she wasn't an egomaniac raised in the worst and most lukewarm sewer of hell. We had a nice chat, and she seemed quite down to earth. I didn't ask her for a picture, since I believe human beings should be able to enjoy themselves without having to share everything with the world. I did regret it slightly afterwards though, but that feeling went away when I eventually woke up and realised it had all been a dream. Whether that tells us anything about how the race will pan out, I can't say.
For the record, I've never thought any ill of Lotte outside of racing. Inside of racing, she's absolutely ruthless and only Lotte counts, and yet somehow the other SD Worxers are the ones that seem to get the flak for being bad teammates.

Pretty shocking there is no live coverage yet. They are currently on the longest and hardest gravel sector of the race. Over half the race will have happened by the time including 2/3 of the gravel. The race could be blown to pieces by now??

Pretty shocking there is no live coverage yet. They are currently on the longest and hardest gravel sector of the race. Over half the race will have happened by the time including 2/3 of the gravel. The race could be blown to pieces by now??
Wait, I am right and there is no live coverage yet, right? Just wanna make sure that I'm not missing something and making myself look like an idiot

It isn't live yet. There used to be less coverage than there is now, so we should at least be able to see the decisive moves.
Yeah and it doesn't look like there has been big attacks yet, but on that 5* sector there could so easily have been a crucial split. At the bare minimum live coverage should start at the start of that sector