• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Summer Games Paris 2024

5c937.jpg

Côte des Gardes (1,9 km à 6 %) - À 259 km de l'arrivée
Côte de Saint-Germain-en-Laye (1 km à 5,5 %) - À 237 km
Côte des Mesnuls (1,1 km à 6,1 %) - À 188 km
Côte de Port-Royal (1 km à 5,5 %) - À 133 km
Côte de Senlisse (1,3 km à 5,3 %) - À 107 km
Côte d'Herbouvilliers (800 m à 5,7 %) - À 102 km
Côte de Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse (1,3 km à 6,3 %) - À 93 km
Côte de Châteaufort (900 m à 5,7 %) - À 89 km
Côte de Bièvres (1,2 km à 6,5 %) - À 76 km
Côte du Pavé des Gardes (1,3 à 6,5 %) - À 68 km
Côte de la butte Montmartre (1 km à 6,5 %) - À 46 km, puis 28 km et 9,5 km

cf052.jpg

Côte des Gardes (1,9 km à 6 %) - À 144 km de l'arrivée
Côte de Port-Royal (1 km à 5,5 %) - À 120 km
Côte de Cernay-la-Ville (1,1 km à 3,9 %) - À 97 km
Côte de Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse (1,3 km à 6,3 %) - À 86 km
Côte de Châteaufort (900 m à 5,7 %) - À 82 km
Côte du Pavé des Gardes (1,3 à 6,5 %) - À 68 km
Côte de la butte Montmartre (1 km à 6,5 %) - À 46 km, puis 28 km et 9,5 km

2a20b.jpg

The TT length is laughable. Even if they wanted/were forced to have the men and women on the same route, 40-45k, like at e.g. this year's Dutch NCs, would have been possible.

Road race route looks really good, though. Reminiscent of the Harrogate WC circuit, perhaps slightly harder.

Really nice route. I read somewhere that they are taking some pretty twisty streets through Paris? If that's indeed the case this will be insanely hard to control. Maybe people will disagree but I just really like Evenepoel for this race. This feels like a route where those who want to wait too long will lose out as nobody has the numbers to control the race. A guy like Evenepoel who always tries to sneak away and the next time everyone sees him is after the finish line, should be perfect for that kind of race.

Its a really good road race course. The Belgian team could be insane here with Remco, Van Aert, Philipsen and watch out for Thibau Nys as well ;) . However Van der Poel, Alaphilippe, Pidcock, Pedersen and Girmay are also strong contenders.

The time-trial is simply too short (terrible trend of doing shorter TTs in major Championships) but after a hilly TT in the last Olympics its nice to see a flat course.

Last edited:
Really nice route. I read somewhere that they are taking some pretty twisty streets through Paris? If that's indeed the case this will be insanely hard to control. Maybe people will disagree but I just really like Evenepoel for this race. This feels like a route where those who want to wait too long will lose out as nobody has the numbers to control the race. A guy like Evenepoel who always tries to sneak away and the next time everyone sees him is after the finish line, should be perfect for that kind of race.
Evenepoel is a nobrainer here, because riders react slower to Evenepoel attacks than climate change.

Not 5, only 4 riders per team for nations ranked 1 to 5 in the world. Only 90 riders will start, which is borderline ridiculous
Correct, and there’s also the factor that you cannot switch riders between RR and ITT, meaning Philipsen has little to no value compared to Remco and Wout.

It’s impossible to do, but if neither is injured or feels the need to pick up MTB or track in the next 12 months, I think Philipsen, De Lie and friends can already book a vacation for next year.