• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sunday 16th Jan: Cancer Council Classic, 51km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Scansorial said:
Look for the helmet on Movistar. I agree that Sky/Garmin/Leopard will take some getting used to. That big white section on the Leopard jersey kind of disappears in the riding position.

Poor form on the part of Garmin and Team Schleck - they should get their own colour; I hear pale brown is available again.

Watching that video is comic - not really sure you can read anything whatsoever in to Goss's win, it was purely tactical/luck rather that him displaying any speed he does or does not have.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
Says quite a lot about their team when their main sprinter went down and still they end up 1st and 2nd. Looks like TDU will be yet another HTC snoozefest.

They're on the ball, that's for sure.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Maybe they were woking for Cav after all, it seemed like Goss avoided the crash because he was in the leadout.

Looked more to me that Cav had been inbetween Renshaw and Goss going into tht corner, but slowed and pulled to the side after it, at which point Goss went round to the left of him onto Renshaw's wheel.

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Sum_of_Marc said:
Looked more to me that Cav had been inbetween Renshaw and Goss going into tht corner, but slowed and pulled to the side after it, at which point Goss went round to the left of him onto Renshaw's wheel.

I'll watch the video again. I was just assuming when I posted that.

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Sum_of_Marc said:

Yes, that looks right.

Frosty said:
I'm a bit puzzled by the footage here at the point just after 2.31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_vnkNMQCc

Due to Hendo's crash there are three guys with a gap coming out of the last corner and then two guys chasing behind. When the camera goes back to the leaders there are four of them, with none of them looking like they are just gaining contact, then a big gap behind?

There is an edit of perhaps 15-20 seconds between the clips. What happens is that there are three sky riders being chased by 2 HTC riders. Then in the next clip the HTC riders have caught up and one of the Sky riders is done with his leadout and has dropped back.

Frosty said:
I'm a bit puzzled by the footage here at the point just after 2.31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_vnkNMQCc

Due to Hendo's crash there are three guys with a gap coming out of the last corner and then two guys chasing behind. When the camera goes back to the leaders there are four of them, with none of them looking like they are just gaining contact, then a big gap behind?

What ingsve said

you can see it in this video

http://tv2sport.dk/node/71066

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
Says quite a lot about their team when their main sprinter went down and still they end up 1st and 2nd. Looks like TDU will be yet another HTC snoozefest.

Come on, Goss didn't have to beat much. Sky were dying on the front and renshaw used Sutton as aperfect leadout for Goss. It was suppose to be for cav.

EDIT: btw, here is Murphy getting back on his bike from the crash.
169056_487861920722_261371855722_6599020_7809978_n.jpg

Sum_of_Marc said:

Yes, that's in line with Goss' version of events

http://www.highroadsports.com/news/699-HTC-Highroad-Starts-Season-With-a-Double-Victory-in-Adelaide

The idea was for Cav to sprint with Goss on his wheel but Cav slowed when the crash happened. Cav was then gapped and decided to sit up rather than try to get back on and bring the others with him.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Mellow Velo said:
............and over by the time I got there.:eek:
I'm afraid it's going to be a case of: TDU + PT + HTC = ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Points mean prizes and all that.

Still, I see that RS 2 have the whole of the TDU on at 22-30CET, each night.

Yeah seems like that.

TRENDING THREADS