• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sunday, August 22,2010: Grand Prix Ouest-France 1 PT 248.3 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

1.Goss
2.Farrar
3.Offredo
4.Duque
5.Santambrogio
6.Sagan
7.GAvazzi
8.Marcato
9.Feillu R
10.Appollonio

closing stages uploading now for those that missed it. be online in about half an hour

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
would the person who ridiculed my tip of farrar for 2nd like their humble pie hot, or cold

He reckons Jeremy Hunt is not a sprinter circa 2002. The guy cant be taken seriously.

i just see the funny side now..

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I picked Sagan and Leukemans and they rode quite well but not good enough today.

Goss is a good rider though, perhaps showing why McEwen has been dropped from the Aussie Worlds squad.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah lol those French commentators kept going on about Fedrigo and Chavanel
Haven't seen them at all.

Compared to them, Sporza are actually very neutral and objective.
God what impossible chauvinists at France 3
Chavanel almost single-handedly bridged the gap to the Vacansoleil group, it looked like it was going to be the right move but it didn't work out in the end. Regardless I'm just replying so that I can ask you to edit out my embarrassing typo from that quote.

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Sagan unfortunately burnt his matches chasing up to Martin
He s incredibly strong just a shame he didnt have the experience to know that it would come back together

What a lousy race though, Eneco was far better today

A

Anonymous

ttrider said:
Sagan unfortunately burnt his matches chasing up to Martin
He s incredibly strong just a shame he didnt have the experience to know that it would come back together

What a lousy race though, Eneco was far better today

you think, i preferred plouay,far more exciting finish

The plouay final was much more interesting than ENECO Tour today.

Loads of attacks and dangerous groups forming. The fact that it ended in a 50 man sprint is no reason to call the race lousy or boring in my opinion.
Just because the last 500m where an anti-climax doesn't mean the race was sh.t :confused:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Loads of attacks and dangerous groups forming. The fact that it ended in a 50 man sprint is no reason to call the race lousy or boring in my opinion.
Just because the last 500m where an anti-climax doesn't mean the race was sh.t :confused:

agreed always had a unpredictable feel.
Unlike say, a bunch sprint at the tour.

was an entertaining last 20km i thought.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
sublimit said:
Matt Goss wins easily Farrar second.

Good day for Australia - bad day for ACF94 for posting an endless stream of garbage.
Endless stream of garbage? With the exception of this year my point till stands. The fact people were tipping fedrigo and the sought to win proves that people don't think this is a conventional sprinters race.
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
haha acf impressive insight strikes again :D
nice win by goss. good night for the aussies.

Your an aussie when it suits you. I have been right multiple times throughout this season so shut your trap.;)

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Agree + 1.
Plouay is a fine course but at this time in the season , even with one lap added, you will get a bunch sprint. Who disputed the finish makes it quite exciting

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Your an aussie when it suits you. I have been right multiple times throughout this season so shut your trap.

umm what? I always support the dutch, and I didn't say "nice win for the aussies" as in me, I meant literally nice win for the aussies (just like when i say "nice win for the french" ;) ). You really are thick :rolleyes: So yeah, I want Australia to do well and succeed, but I never really support them. Get your facts right pal.

But yeah that is all irrelevant, basically i was suggesting your total lack of insight in this sport is just hilarious to me :)

and fyi you have been right only cause you always back cuddles, and he obviously win sometimes ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
umm what? I always support the dutch, and I didn't say "nice win for the aussies" as in me, I meant literally nice win for the aussies (just like when i say "nice win for the french" ;) ). You really are thick :rolleyes: So yeah, I want Australia to do well and succeed, but I never really support them. Get your facts right pal.

But yeah that is all irrelevant, basically i was suggesting your total lack of insight in this sport is just hilarious to me :)

and fyi you have been right only cause you always back cuddles, and he obviously win sometimes ;)

WTF is wrong with you? I put a wink next to it you moron. I have been right multiples in races not with cuddles being involved.