• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Supercross (Motocross too)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Atlanta SX

Got my tix to Atlanta Supercross on the 26th! Got pretty decent seats for cheap...first row of upper deck; seats 1-5 on the 35 yard line. Its been a few years since I've ben to a Supercross race due to military deployments. I can't wait!

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Fastest in the heats ..houston .,,only under 49sec

47.854 Stewart
48.508 Dungey
48.568 Canard
48.889 Villapoto
48.947 Short

Roczen made the main 6th on the 350

Barcia won his heat several seconds faster than anyone else in the lites..

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
poto 3rd
stewart 15th

That ought to shake up the points a little.

Short 5th, Roczen 7th on the KTM 350's. Impressive.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That Windham crash looked . . . . . . painful as hell. That dude is getting a bit too old for those crashes but showed that on the right night he can roll with anyone.Unfortunate that he did not get the win.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
magoo34 said:
That Windham crash looked . . . . . . painful as hell. That dude is getting a bit too old for those crashes but showed that on the right night he can roll with anyone.Unfortunate that he did not get the win.

That was nasty.. If his head had hit a little shorter it could have been lots worse...Reminded me of Jimmy Button's crash..

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
ouchie was that a muffler on the back get off?

The bike came down on the muffler side.

I can't count how many times I endured that type of crash. It seemed anytime I fell in front of my bike that SOB would track me down like a deer shot in the ass.:)

The Trey Canard crash from a few weeks ago was another example of why not to fall in front of the bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9D18OzfEFU&NR=1

Say after me, "endo's are bad."

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
The bike came down on the muffler side.

I can't count how many times I endured that type of crash. It seemed anytime I fell in front of my bike that SOB would track me down like a deer shot in the ass.:)

The Trey Canard crash from a few weeks ago was another example of why not to fall in front of the bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9D18OzfEFU&NR=1

Say after me, "endo's are bad."

The season is barely started and Canard, Stewart and Windham have had career ending looking crashes and walked away..No matter how they finish they ought to feel lucky they are still out there..

What's a double?????

May 23, 2010
Visit site
RC "a couple of years later he came back and redeemed himself"

Yea and a couple of yeas after that he----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AawNRdISY8I

I miss the days when Doug Henry and John Dowd would be ready for anyone at southwick even though they were past their prime elsewhere.. and Hannah at unadilla , Bradshaw won a mudder in 96 or 97 out of nowhere. The current racers never have to deal with any old schoolers..

May 17, 2010
Visit site
redtreviso said:
RC "a couple of years later he came back and redeemed himself"

Yea and a couple of yeas after that he----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AawNRdISY8I

I miss the days when Doug Henry and John Dowd would be ready for anyone at southwick even though they were past their prime elsewhere.. and Hannah at unadilla , Bradshaw won a mudder in 96 or 97 out of nowhere. The current racers never have to deal with any old schoolers..

Henry and Dowd. I was at Hangtown 1991 when they both had their surprise first wins. Still drying out from that day........

On Henry; I had forgotten him when I made my mental roll call of those who suffered permanent injury in the sport. As I recall, he suffered his just days after his wife was diagnosed with cancer. I know that he was racing snowmobiles after his partial paralysis. I also know that he and his family lost their home this past summer to a fire. That is a lot of bad **** for one man.

Sad.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Heck of a race last night in San Diego..Windham had double doses of bad luck..Stewart looked clumsy. Tomac ran away with the lights..Hanson took Cunningham out ...bad blood.. Cunningham a friend of Jason Lawrence perhaps?

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
Heck of a race last night in San Diego..Windham had double doses of bad luck..Stewart looked clumsy. Tomac ran away with the lights..Hanson took Cunningham out ...bad blood.. Cunningham a friend of Jason Lawrence perhaps?

I was there. Stewart did not look good in the main. Villapoto was going pretty fast after his early crash. Reed was solid and he's getting better every week. Canard was good but fell twice. The track was pretty technical and got moreso as the night went on. BTW, the rain was on and off but just downpoured right before and during the start of the 450 main.

Tomac was way faster than anyone else in the lites. Really impressive. Hanson better have eyes in the back of his head. Cunningham is not the first guy he's laid out this season. If I were Cunningham I'd make sure Hanson paid a price for that move. Total bush league and unprofessional. Hanson was going backwards at a high rate. Cunningham was racing and Hanson just took him out.

Kharma is (and will continue to be) a bi*ch.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I was there. Stewart did not look good in the main. Villapoto was going pretty fast after his early crash. Reed was solid and he's getting better every week. Canard was good but fell twice. The track was pretty technical and got moreso as the night went on. BTW, the rain was on and off but just downpoured right before and during the start of the 450 main.

Tomac was way faster than anyone else in the lites. Really impressive. Hanson better have eyes in the back of his head. Cunningham is not the first guy he's laid out this season. If I were Cunningham I'd make sure Hanson paid a price for that move. Total bush league and unprofessional. Hanson was going backwards at a high rate. Cunningham was racing and Hanson just took him out.

Kharma is (and will continue to be) a bi*ch.

I think Stewart and Villapoto are both showing weakness..I'd be surprised if either one of them run away with it..Many people don't like Reed but he seems to have the professional mindset down pat. Dungey needs a boost of confidence to go the extra step.

Hanson pffft.. There's a whole generation of riders like him that really haven't done anything but act like a-clowns.. I don't know how Hanson didn't point out of the lites anyway..I think he spent the last 3 years in the 450s..There are probably others who never make the top 10 in sx that could step down to the lights and do what Hanson is doing. I'm glad to not have to see the westies again for a while.

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
I think Stewart and Villapoto are both showing weakness..I'd be surprised if either one of them run away with it..Many people don't like Reed but he seems to have the professional mindset down pat. Dungey needs a boost of confidence to go the extra step.

Hanson pffft.. There's a whole generation of riders like him that really haven't done anything but act like a-clowns.. I don't know how Hanson didn't point out of the lites anyway..I think he spent the last 3 years in the 450s..There are probably others who never make the top 10 in sx that could step down to the lights and do what Hanson is doing. I'm glad to not have to see the westies again for a while.

Agreed. I don't think anyone is going to run away and hide in the 450's. I am a little surprised than none of the contenders had crashed and hurt themselves yet. I guess the season is still young....

Hanson won't get away with those tactics with the big boys. I don't think he'd get away with it with Barcia. Hanson just seems to be a punk... which is very different from his Dad, who most liked and respected.

TRENDING THREADS