Supercross (Motocross too)

A

Anonymous

Guest
Ok,

The 2011 Supercross season is shaping up to be very, very good. There are 5 guys who can win the series and so far, the racing has been outstanding.

Did anybody see the main at Dodger stadium? The first 15 laps were about as good as it gets.... just awesome.

So, who is a fan and who do you think wins the championship this year?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
redtreviso said:
Stewart will crash his brains out...Dungey and poto will have it out..Reed won't do anything.. KW will win a mudder.
I dunno. Stewart looks different this year. Almost conservative:D

What about Canard?.... dude is going well. He had a pretty hard get-off in his heat race Saturday and still was in the mix. If he gets a start, he can win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9D18OzfEFU&NR=1
 
May 23, 2010
2,409
0
0
Scott SoCal said:
I dunno. Stewart looks different this year. Almost conservative:D

What about Canard?.... dude is going well. He had a pretty hard get-off in his heat race Saturday and still was in the mix. If he gets a start, he can win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9D18OzfEFU&NR=1
Canard will probably win one..If Jesus wants him too.
All Stewart ever needed to do was slow down to go faster.. I wouldn't call it conservative.. more like just showing some maturity.
Dungey will get over himself and not having GOD (the belgian one) looking out for him.
Villapoto and Stewart have shown that they both are more likely to not finish the season.
I don't see Short or Milsaps or Grant doing anything..
Reed Alesi and Kdub ought to retire before they get hurt trying to stay in the top 5

Lites west is dull dull..Hanson is a sandbagger..Seely was a surprise. I'd like to see Morais win. That german KTM rider might win one..Eli Tomac might be the real deal too
 
May 24, 2010
749
0
0
We get delayed ESPN coverage over here but much preferred it when Ricky Carmichael was riding. Bubba Stewart is too impatient for supercross and that has transferred to the outdoors as well. I'd say Dungey is the best in the world just now, by miles...

Now if you yanks could produce a Trials rider that could compete in the worlds that would be brilliant :rolleyes:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Anaheim 2 (Round 5)

Stewart
Villapoto
Reed
Brayton
Canard


Dungey, 20th... ouch.
 
Oct 22, 2010
69
0
0
I just can't embrace SX and SX only contract riders.


Give me gravity cavity at Uni-a-fricking-dillla any day.

Props if you enjoy SX tho.......
 
May 23, 2010
2,409
0
0
Clearly Unstable said:
I just can't embrace SX and SX only contract riders.


Give me gravity cavity at Uni-a-fricking-dillla any day.

Props if you enjoy SX tho.......
""Give me gravity cavity at Uni-a-fricking-dillla any day."" and raining
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Clearly Unstable said:
I just can't embrace SX and SX only contract riders.


Give me gravity cavity at Uni-a-fricking-dillla any day.

Props if you enjoy SX tho.......
I hate to date myself but back in my day Gravity Cavity was called 'Screw U'.

Binghampton was fun too. NY State has great outdoor venues.
 
May 23, 2010
2,409
0
0
Scott SoCal said:
I hate to date myself but back in my day Gravity Cavity was called 'Screw U'.

Binghampton was fun too. NY State has great outdoor venues.
I'm surprised you would know that..like the 99rs think LA invented cycling in 1999 I figured the world began in 1980 for you.

 
Jun 19, 2009
4,841
0
0
Scott SoCal said:
Stewart seems a bit more patient this year. I'm surprised how fast Villapoto is given his leg is not 100%.

Great racing so far...

Edit: Main Event at Dodger Stadium, starts at 19:24. Worth a watch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QfD0AzptmI&feature=related
Acknowledged closet fan and former MX wannabe. I started racing too late at 20 years old with a job and rational amount of self-preservation. Ivan Stewart is incredible, though. Haven't seen anyone like him since Duhamel in the 70's.
 
Oct 22, 2010
69
0
0
Scott SoCal said:
I hate to date myself but back in my day Gravity Cavity was called 'Screw U'.

Binghampton was fun too. NY State has great outdoor venues.
No, there is a drop/climb called Screw U there. It's after they come in from the back of the course. It's a super steep drop about 200' long to an immediate left 180 turn back up. It's a first gear turn right at the base so riders get no run at the the climb.




You wanna hear 'date yourself'? I saw Rick Johnson stall his Honda 500 at the bottom of Screw U.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Clearly Unstable said:
No, there is a drop/climb called Screw U there. It's after they come in from the back of the course. It's a super steep drop about 200' long to an immediate left 180 turn back up. It's a first gear turn right at the base so riders get no run at the the climb.




You wanna hear 'date yourself'? I saw Rick Johnson stall his Honda 500 at the bottom of Screw U.
Ok, I'll date myself.

I grew up in the same program at Yamaha Motor Corp with RJ (1979 -1980), Waaaaay before Honda was ever in the picture. I knew Ricky when he wore braces. Remember the term "El Cajon Zone"? (Burnworth, Glover, Johnson, et al).

Saturday Saddleback? Yep, from about 1978 onward.

I used to train with Brian Myerscough although I have not seen him since... 1986 maybe? Raced with Bailey, Glover, O'Mara, Ward, Hannah, Johnson, LaPorte, Chandler (RIP), Cantaloupi, Dubach (teamate), Beier (teamate), Eric Eaton (teamate) from Washington State..... and a bunch of guys I can't even remember.

SoCal CMC, Saddleback, Carlsbad, Golden State Series... SuperX, Nationals... years and years and years of it.

The good news is I can still walk and ride my bike (cycle).
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
redtreviso said:
The ultimate dilla picture..

Godspeed Magoo

Bonus points if you know what the wording on the back of his 'leathers' was?


Any guess?



Wait for it....


















ROADHOG





I was raicing with Magoo when he was riding a Maico. Yes, I'm F'ing old.
 
May 23, 2010
2,409
0
0
Scott SoCal said:
Bonus points if you know what the wording on the back of his 'leathers' was?
Any guess?
Wait for it....
ROADHOG
I was raicing with Magoo when he was riding a Maico. Yes, I'm F'ing old.
and now,, just look at you.. Spend time with Hannah with the Klan in Idaho?

 
Jul 9, 2009
6,625
0
0
redtreviso said:
and now,, just look at you.. Spend time with Hannah with the Klan in Idaho?
I can't say I disagree with a lot of the points you raise in the politics thread (only with the way you raise them) but you need to lighten up a little bit.
FFS man you can be a real buzz kill.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS