• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Supplement to aid weight loss?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The post seems to be very useful one. Thanks for providing such information. I was over weight. One of my friend suggested me to visit Thoughts Become Reality they provided me good tips and the best exercise to lose weight. I followed their tips and my body became fit and healthy.

jamesking251

BANNED
Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you are like on a hurry. Don't worry about that. And the part that you said that you are not really into sports, speed and things like that.

I have a suggestion for you, why don't you try challenge yourself, play the your most favorite sport. Actually, a year ago I was fat, I ranged 75 - 80 kilos. I really don't like the feeling of being that size again. I mean no offense to others but you know who you are and you know you can do it.

Always think that not all fat burning exercises are boring, there are enjoying exercises too, just consider them as a play. Enjoy and stay healthy.
Merry Christmas!

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
ozymandias said:
Cover article in recent issue of Time, you can read it online for free: Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin

The basic point of the article is that if you want to lose weight, you need to focus on diet rather than exercise.

Thanks for the link, ozymandias, it's a good article and the Time site has links to quite a few similar articles as well.

It's worth pointing out that the author doesn't claim outright that exercise doesn't help one lose weight, rather that people's behaviour tends to compensate for the exercise they do. People tend to eat more and move less after exercising, cancelling-out their weight-loss efforts. So don't stop riding - it can and will strip the weight from your body if you eat sensibly and avoid overcompensating.

In another article there, 'The Myth of Moderate Exercise', one of the physiologists quoted claims that exercise is the factor most strongly corellated with weight-loss. I guess it's all in the methodology...

Thanks again for the link, ozymandis!

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Nice post. Useful information has been given. Thanks for sharing such useful information. I loosed weight by doing regular exercise and proper diet. I got good health tips from thoughtsbecomereality they provide a hypnosis for all type of mental and health issues. It was more helpful for me. Now my body is fit and healthy.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
be very careful of any weight loss supplement that could have stimulants that can cause heart rate issues in training along with dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

if you are losing more than 2 pounds a week and still training at any intensity there is a problem in my humble opinion. and it will hurt your recovery.this realy is a great post and question.

I distinguish between training for recovery/intensity and base weight loss fitness. I have to separate the 2. that is just me. At any level of prolonged intensity I tend to eat more during and after a ride otherwise I just can't manage recovery and get any benefit.

less calories in and longer in the saddle spinning help me lose weight and double the water.

As stated. I avoid any white carbs and try to get most of my carbs from fruits and vegi.

Brown Rice and if you must eat pasta, under cook it so it takes longer to digest.

One of the lads in the local training rides just told me about Coconut milk as a fatty supplement that helps in but I need to look into that more as to how and why. anyone?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Four years ago in a moment of madness, I went onto a website and purchased
some dieting pills which promised weight loss. The pills were Xenical. They were
rubbish and didn't work at all.

The worst thing about it is that I'm still being bombarded with emails for the
company trying to sell me more tablets. The emails are always from a different
email address. At the time of ordering my hotmail account wasn't working so
I used my usual email address. What a big mistake.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
ozymandias said:
Cover article in recent issue of Time, you can read it online for free: Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin

The basic point of the article is that if you want to lose weight, you need to focus on diet rather than exercise.
And The Science of Sports blog is currently running a series on excercise and weight loss, which among other thing examines the somewhat selective selection of Science in the Time's article.
Part 1
Part 2

Jan 30, 2010
www.noobolics.com
It's a fantastic post to see all the information provided here. For the weight loss program to be a success, it is necessary that people has to understand the difference between fad diets and safe, effective weight loss programs that generate long-lasting weight loss results.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
Really nice posts regarding weight loss...I personally would like to suggest some...Including exercises like Swimming,Running (7 minute mile average) helps better...Diet maintenance is also important...It doesn't look same for all.But,it includes factors like age,height..etc.,

Thank you

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Advice

I would like advice have just join the forum and found this post ,i'm a club racer .Train on a 4 week program 3 weeks on, 1 week recovery.
Now i'm 5 7" weight 63 kilo's need to be 59 kilo's,in the last year have put on 3 kilo's .I have a big race /Tour in 5 weeks ,need to climb hills with out 3 kilo's .
Finding it hard to move because of the amount of,exercise i do eg 6 days 2/3 hours on bike ,2 sessions of Rpm ,plus 2 weight circuits a week .
Always hungry eat a lot of carbs ,lot of lollies (crave sugar ) no i can't just eat protein will not have enough energy to train with .Any help on foods that i might eat that will stop me feeling hungry or craving sugar.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
startrek1818 said:
I would like advice have just join the forum and found this post ,i'm a club racer .Train on a 4 week program 3 weeks on, 1 week recovery.
Now i'm 5 7" weight 63 kilo's need to be 59 kilo's,in the last year have put on 3 kilo's .I have a big race /Tour in 5 weeks ,need to climb hills with out 3 kilo's .
Finding it hard to move because of the amount of,exercise i do eg 6 days 2/3 hours on bike ,2 sessions of Rpm ,plus 2 weight circuits a week .
Always hungry eat a lot of carbs ,lot of lollies (crave sugar ) no i can't just eat protein will not have enough energy to train with .Any help on foods that i might eat that will stop me feeling hungry or craving sugar.

The lollies/candies are one problem - pure junk and calories. Furthermore, they will cause hunger pangs once the initial high wears off. So first step is to not eat lollies. Eat fruit instead. Fruit has a high fiber content, which makes you feel full, as well as having some of the sugar you crave plus vitamins and minerals.

Second step is to plan your day. Ideally, you should aim for a 60-20-20 balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Don't ignore high quality, lean proteins. To avoid being hungry, spread your calorie consumption throughout the day with morning and afternoon snacks. Ideally, eat 20-25% of your daily caloric requirements at breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the remainder with snacks throughout the day. Snacks should be nutritious, not junk.

Lastly, eat properly on the bike or during exercise.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
maanderx said:
Four years ago in a moment of madness, I went onto a website and purchased
some dieting pills which promised weight loss. The pills were Xenical. They were
rubbish and didn't work at all.

The worst thing about it is that I'm still being bombarded with emails for the
company trying to sell me more tablets. The emails are always from a different
email address. At the time of ordering my hotmail account wasn't working so
I used my usual email address. What a big mistake.

Xenical doesnt make you lose weight. It is designed to limit your ability to absorb fat from the foods that you eat (and any excess fat will theoretically pass right through your digestivbe system). The net results are in two parts.
1) You MIGHT learn nerw eatingh habits if you don't like the way you are having to go to the toilet constantly due to the excess fat.
2) you will also nolonger absorb as much GOOD fat from oily fish etc (this is Omega-3 fatty acids). That means you are in a worse position regarding colesterol etc.

Either way, as soon as you stop taking them you will gain weight if you didnt learn any new habits

neonpatrick

BANNED
Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Following are some tips for losing weight :
1 Eat healthy food
2 Drink plenty of water
3 Avoid junk and oily food
4 Do Yoga and exercise
5 Regularly exercising.

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I try to eat 150 calories every 2.5 hours that I am awake. If I'm going to exercise for an extended amount of time (non-weight lifting activities), I will eat more right before and slightly after.

TRENDING THREADS