• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

support for lance website

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
I tried to put something up there (pretty benign, really), but it said that it needs approval and it hasn't shown up yet.

Same here. Makes ya' wonder what the story with the site really is . . .

I mean, jeez, they let BPC post a message. They'd be out of their minds not to put ours up :D

Methinks Tubeless is probably onto something - team LA is prolly working overtime on this right now.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well What I Get Is....

Well what I read from the "support Lance site" is that he has met with his spin doctors after the meeting with the investigators of the case.

I think what thye have concluded is that there is going to be a body of evidence of the like of Betsy, Frankie, Floyd, etc and they are now going to go for public sympathy.

I doubt that even if there is a line of people all saying the same story that he will ever admit a thing. he has no choice but to fight this tooth and nail to the bitter end. He stands to loose everything from this.

As far as fights go I think he will give it a good go. I think there will be many who will tell the truth and even if it all points to him being guilty I have a tough time believing they will take him down off this.

I mean think of the money behind lance and the players that stand to loose big money, Nike, Trek, Oakley, etc... You can bet bottem dollar that his supporters will poney up their support to protect their interests.

Lastly I thijnk what might happen is that no matter what happens his reputation will be tattered beyond repair at the end of all this. I hope he has some money stashed away for when the dust settles as there won't be many looking to spend their money on his brand.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This site may be decent proof that even Armstrong's legal team know that he's fvcked legally. Playing the cancer card is disgusting. Shameless.

Loving the comments, though.

Also, no doubt they're tracking IPs on that site.

Posted by Kik A. - Lance you have been a constant inspiration to me. As a single mother of three children, your fight gives me the strength to get thru the day. Hang in there.

Also, is that our Flicker wishing death upon the realists? Thanks, buddy! Hope you die miserably as well, I guess. Sure would beat having to accept reality.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hijacking?

python said:
kudos to cn. it just reported that the site was hijacked 'by detractors':D

Funny, for some reason I think of hijacking as forcefully taking over a vehicle from its rightful owner/operator and then diverting it from its path and/or holding its occupants hostage.

OTOH, posting comments on a public Web site that solicits and then posts them with minimal moderation would be defined as . . . posting comments on a public Web site.

At least they didn't report that it was "hijacked by haters." :D

powerste said:
Funny, for some reason I think of hijacking as forcefully taking over a vehicle from its rightful owner/operator and then diverting it from its path and/or holding its occupants hostage.

OTOH, posting comments on a public Web site that solicits and then posts them with minimal moderation would be defined as . . . posting comments on a public Web site.

At least they didn't report that it was "hijacked by haters." :D
I think it's funny they used "hijack" in the forum slang sense.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
I’m surprised that that CyclingNews even thought this was a story. Its just a krappy website with barely 30 posts. Its fairly funny but news? Unless they want to show Sir Lance is loser?

maybe they are cheesed off he and sponsors dropped some advertising with CN due to the informative forum on here...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
And the cheeky ones are still coming. I believe this one from "Smitty" was added since the CN article was posted:

. . . Look at the last two tours 09/10 even at almost 40 years of age he kept up with the best, that proves to me without any doubt he rode clean. Hang in there Lance you will prevail

Let the hijacking continue . . .

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
nothing from Sheryl Crow, nothing from tyler's ex...give it time..

thehog said:
Tugboat from the grave?

Tyler, Tuggie, and Haven should reunite to support Lance together.

And given that Ferrari has stepped up, I feel that Carmichael really should send Lance a word of encouragement as well!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
powerste said:
Tyler, Tuggie, and Haven should reunite to support Lance together.

And given that Ferrari has stepped up, I feel that Carmichael really should send Lance a word of encouragement as well!

tyler's twin:D

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
What would cyclingnews think about the fact that the hijackers are their own forum netizens? :p They should at least credit you guys ;)

Love this one:
"All this nonsense will soon be behind you Lance, once the witless investigators realize you had a therapeutic use exemption. Sometimes these things take a while to produce. Keep the faith and remember you've been an inspiration to countless domestiques and classics riders who dreamed of leading the pack in the high mountains of the grand tours. Livestrong."

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Posted by heart of a cantaloupe on Sep 14th, 2010.

Barrus said:
What would cyclingnews think about the fact that the hijackers are their own forum netizens? :p They should at least credit you guys ;)

hrotha said:
Love this one:
"All this nonsense will soon be behind you Lance, once the witless investigators realize you had a therapeutic use exemption. Sometimes these things take a while to produce. Keep the faith and remember you've been an inspiration to countless domestiques and classics riders who dreamed of leading the pack in the high mountains of the grand tours. Livestrong."

There is absolutely NO WAY that one didn't come from someone here!

"Sometimes these things take a while to produce" - still ROFLing at that line.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Love this one:
At least they didn't edit that one. ;)

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I’m surprised that that CyclingNews even thought this was a story. Its just a krappy website with barely 30 posts. Its fairly funny but news? Unless they want to show Sir Lance is loser?

well they did have a story about not having sex.

TRENDING THREADS