• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

support for lance website

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
At least they didn't edit that one. ;)

I'm not sure they're editing any of them. If they are, they don't know much about LA or cycling (or F1 apparently):

gsimoni: Lance, you work so hard, you're like an alien! You're an inspiration to all human beings whoever lived. Keep on keepin' on climbin'...

mschumacher: Coming out of retirement and competing at the highest level is easier said than done. Lance you have set the bar at two years. I will be lucky to make it one! Keep on truckin!

and these just in:

I. Dolater: You are such an inspiration to billions!!! Even those without cancer!!! You show what humans can do if they put they're minds to it!!!!! Lance you are the best cyclist of all time and one of the best human beings ever also too. People like you come along once in a thousand years.

T. Simpson: Tell them to drop dead. EDIT: They did delete this one.

It's a gag or the people running it are truly clueless. But it sure is hilarious. And I really need to get some work done today.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I for one am disappointed.

It went from amusing "silly jabs", to annoying. There's a point at which trying too hard to be funny just makes people sound like jack@sses.

In other news, CN reports the site comes from a source based out of Nanaimo, BC. which immediately made me hungry for a Nanaimo Bar. Mmmmmm. Yummy.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Guttercat said:
Well I for one am disappointed.

It went from amusing "silly jabs", to annoying. There's a point at which trying too hard to be funny just makes people sound like jack@sses.

In other news, CN reports the site comes from a source based out of Nanaimo, BC. which immediately made me hungry for a Nanaimo Bar. Mmmmmm. Yummy.

Some of them are still pretty funny. Juan Plumiferos ("You showed that with hard work and more hard work, even without any indication of stage race talent, that you could climb and time trial better than the rest.") and Greg L are recent additions and not too bad. I think overall you're right though - it is trending downward. Tomorrow will require a new amusement.

In other news, you sure it's not something else out of BC making you hungry for that Nanaimo bar? :D Oh, wait, sorry - that's from another Clinic thread starting just about here.

I haven't even bothered looking at the so called LA's website support, but I just wanted to remain everybody that Landis himself used the same strategy to get the public support for a cause he deeply knew was lost & wrong to embrace-since those things usually backfire when the truth is finally exposed.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
powerste said:
Some of them are still pretty funny. Juan Plumiferos ("You showed that with hard work and more hard work, even without any indication of stage race talent, that you could climb and time trial better than the rest.") and Greg L are recent additions and not too bad. I think overall you're right though - it is trending downward. Tomorrow will require a new amusement.

In other news, you sure it's not something else out of BC making you hungry for that Nanaimo bar? :D Oh, wait, sorry - that's from another Clinic thread starting just about here.

Ha! I hate pot but there are some posts in that thread that made me LOL.
Mr. Cat Turd especially.

Thanks for the link and the laugh. :)

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
What would cyclingnews think about the fact that the hijackers are their own forum netizens? :p They should at least credit you guys ;)

I don't ever remember this mob being the news... although I have seen a few choice quotes from Race Radio in Velonews.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Guttercat said:
Ha! I hate pot but there are some posts in that thread that made me LOL.
Mr. Cat Turd especially.

Thanks for the link and the laugh. :)

Anytime - there's always a laugh to be had somewhere in The Clinic

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
One was post was definitely edited, but that one was not.

I'm glad they didn't edit that one - it was freaking beautiful!

But they are paying some degree of attention - e.g., they pulled down "Tell them to drop dead" from "T. Simpson" (whose home page was the wikipedia article on Tom Simpson) after it was posted for a while. But I think that had more to do with the sentiment of the statement that the Tom Simpson reference.

Obviously cheeky nuggets like this recent are still up there, though:
. . . You proved you were clean by passing the tests! How many tests? Like 1000 passed tests. Why can't anyone see the truth? . . .

Then again, maybe that one is just obviously cheeky to me since I'm out of Kool-Aid :D

May 23, 2010
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
One was post was definitely edited, but that one was not.

I submitted a "message of support" a while ago - and it has yet to show up. So there appears to be some sort of an editing / selection process, perhaps to strike a balance to go along with whatever is the motivation behind the effort. It is starting to look more like a 3rd party effort - i.e. someone not connected to Landis or Armstrong.

WonderLance?

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, I don't see this 'support' site as having any connection with Armstrong. If he wanted to garner support comments, he would use his livestrong.com setup which he can control and bonus, get money from the hits.

The only question is whether it's a real support site or a put on. Given the fact that comments are (mostly) not moderated and they've allowed some doozy, well I'd say it's satirical.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
"We stand behind you Lance and will hold and protect your inventory for as long as you need or desire." Gail McGovern (links to redcross.org)

LMAO :)

I'm quite sure this "support" site was put up by one of the many losers on the CN forum obsessed with Lance. There is no way anybody on LA's team put this up so now put up the isupportcbassons.com web site, he was the last CN hero before JP.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I don't ever remember this mob being the news... although I have seen a few choice quotes from Race Radio in Velonews.

Looks like you support message made it in - appeared within the last 30 mins. How long ago did you submit it?

Here's the latest post that confirms the satirical nature of this site:

"Lance, so much to talk about. Great contribution you have made. Have a nice day." by Geoff Novicecky.

Distant cousin to Jeff Novitzky?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I'm quite sure this "support" site was put up by one of the many losers on the CN forum obsessed with Lance. There is no way anybody on LA's team put this up so now put up the isupportcbassons.com web site, he was the last CN hero before JP.
I only wish I had the smarts. A guy could make a fortune mailing badges and bumper stickers to pelota polishers across the globe. PM me your address if you don't mind dropping $20 on one written in crayon.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:

The facts can be found with a simple whois search. Note:, I'm only posting this to confirm that it's easy to get to the truth on things rather than make assumptions. The words of support are hilarious, but messing with the website creator would be taking things too far. Is this one of us?

Domain ID:D160052337-LROR
Domain Name:LANCESUPPORT.ORG
Created On:02-Sep-2010 23:02:58 UTC
Last Updated On:09-Sep-2010 23:20:36 UTC
Expiration Date:02-Sep-2011 23:02:58 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:DirectNIC, LTD (R48-LROR)
Registrant ID:IMG-488396
Registrant Name:MORGAN CAREY
Registrant Organization:SEO GUY SERVICES LTD.
Registrant Street1:345 WALLACE ST UNIT 403
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:NANAIMO
Registrant State/Province:BC
Registrant Postal Code:V9R 5B6
Registrant Country:CA
Registrant Phone:+1.2507539893
Registrant Phone Ext.:101
Registrant FAX:+1.2507537209
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:morgan@realestatewebmasters.com
Admin ID:IMG-488396

http://www.whois.net/whois/lancesupport..org

Thanks for the laughs, everyone.

pedaling squares said:
I only wish I had the smarts. A guy could make a fortune mailing badges and bumper stickers to pelota polishers across the globe. PM me your address if you don't mind dropping $20 on one written in crayon.

Send me $40 for ihateLA.com, I'm not stupid I play both sides. Please support my cbassonswascheatedoutoftheLanterneRougebyLA.org as well please.

theswordsman said:
The facts can be found with a simple whois search. Note:, I'm only posting this to confirm that it's easy to get to the truth on things rather than make assumptions. The words of support are hilarious, but messing with the website creator would be taking things too far. Is this one of us?

http://www.whois.net/whois/lancesupport..org

Thanks for the laughs, everyone.

Sorry Morgan, its far easier to make assumptions.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
kielbasa said:
"We stand behind you Lance and will hold and protect your inventory for as long as you need or desire." Gail McGovern (links to redcross.org)

LMAO :)

i HAVE TO SAY THAT IS MY FAVORITE it could have been better if it referred to comeback 3.0

TRENDING THREADS