• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

support for lance website

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
support lance website is kind of like the NORML website. Everybody has an opinion and wants to share it but they are a bit to stoned to communicate it.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I sat down this evening and looked at the site. They've removed the hate mail, which I'm happy about. But, they've removed some of the choice "intelligent jabs" as well. The T. Simpson post was too good to remove. It was so, so... beautifully subtle, yet so scathing.

And no, I'm not even an LA "hater". I got a heck of a kick out of watching him race all those years.

So how in the h@ll did I fall into this rabbit hole called "The Clinic" so full of Lance haters wanting him to die? :)

Lemme out! Lemme out!

A

Anonymous

JRTinMA said:
I'm quite sure this "support" site was put up by one of the many losers on the CN forum obsessed with Lance. There is no way anybody on LA's team put this up so now put up the isupportcbassons.com web site, he was the last CN hero before JP.

Ah yea, another dispassionate observer chiming in...:rolleyes:

Uh, you sure do post a lot about Lance. (obsession) Under your rule, that makes you a what? Say it with me...

A

Anonymous

I think CN used the correct term.. 'hijacked'. Look what BPC had to say, "You are a true inspiration whose legacy will never be tarnished. An investigation is like a stage race, some days you are down but not out, and there are rest days when you can recuperate. Keep fighting, keepstrong. "

Simply Awesome.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I think CN used the correct term.. 'hijacked'. Look what BPC had to say, "You are a true inspiration whose legacy will never be tarnished. An investigation is like a stage race, some days you are down but not out, and there are rest days when you can recuperate. Keep fighting, keepstrong. "

Simply Awesome.
Ah. BPC:rolleyes:.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I have nothing to do with these nasty comments. Lance will fight all these nasty, untrue alagations with the same bravery and honestly that he battled Ulrich and Basso.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
I have nothing to do with these nasty comments. Lance will fight all these nasty, untrue alagations with the same bravery and honestly that he battled Ulrich and Basso.
If you believe that Ullrich and Basso etc were beaten with just honesty & bravery, you are beyond help. But judging by your grasp on the use of a spell-checker it's not surprising.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Few more good ones up today.... this one: LIvestrong ARmstrong

I keep reloading that tab every couple of hours or so. There continues to be a decent mix of pathetic hero worship, some clever (and not-so-clever) satire, and a few that lie somewhere in between but still make me laugh. Then there are those who spent too much time in their teens-20s watching Beavis and Butthead:

Lance. You are a true hero. You have the complete package. People seem to have forgotten that as well as the training, you made sure you had the best equipment. Take for example, the time trial helmet that you had designed especially for you. You know, the one with the shark? Anyway, when I am doing a long pull on the front, I always think of your helmet. Keep it up, Lance!

LOL

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, I liked this one too: "Without your help, I would never have flown up that mountain like I had 6'3" 170lb wings! Thanks for teaching me how to make the impossible possible!" G. Hincapie

I don't think they get it, do they?

Uh, get what? :D

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Some geniuses even attached their business names to their posts. What kind of business-minded person hitches their wagon to the Armstrong train of deceit?

Here's the answer: (1) crooks, and (2) stupid people. I don't want to do business with either.

jimmypop said:
Some geniuses even attached their business names to their posts. What kind of business-minded person hitches their wagon to the Armstrong train of deceit?

Here's the answer: (1) crooks, and (2) stupid people. I don't want to do business with either.
They'll both be enlisted with the Army of the Disgraced.

My thank you was posted quite quickly, Morgan puts his name on the confirmation email.

Thoughtforfood said:
Ah yea, another dispassionate observer chiming in...:rolleyes:

Uh, you sure do post a lot about Lance. (obsession) Under your rule, that makes you a what? Say it with me...

Hahaha, looks like you have been properly censored. At least LA has one more than you do.

jimmypop said:

Nike.

There's still a lot of people, some of them quite prominent or in high positions, who fully support Lance but aren't really aware at all about this investigation, or think it's very minor accusations by Floyd that will go nowhere.

A

Anonymous

JRTinMA said:
Hahaha, looks like you have been properly censored. At least LA has one more than you do.

I censored myself for a rhetorical reason, and if the conclusion to my ellipsis is not clear to you, I will add that you are also obviously and idiot.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Nike.

There's still a lot of people, some of them quite prominent or in high positions, who fully support Lance but aren't really aware at all about this investigation, or think it's very minor accusations by Floyd that will go nowhere.

I doubt that's the case, given the legal teams that companies like Nike have. There are employees at Nike patrolling the image and portrayal of sponsored athletes. Even the CEOs of these companies are fully aware of the accusations. Public companies in particular, since they had a fiduciary responsibility to terminate these contracts - or to address the concerns - when "morality" clauses are violated.

Lance Armstrong, like Tiger Woods, is a successful brand. Sponsors will stick around until the bitter end as long as the analysts and bean counters think that the benefits outweigh the short-term negatives.

Sure, there may be a few clueless execs and board members who truly believe that there's nothing to the allegations and that this whole mess will pass them by. But for every clueless sponsor, there are ten keyed-in businessmen who saw success in the Armstrong branding and continue to believe that the association is still beneficial. There's a federal investigation going on, and witnesses (some CEOs, even!) are being subpoenaed; this isn't just a case of rumors. Some sponsors already have the termination clause highlighted and the "see ya later" agreements printed out, just in case.

If it weren't for the cancer angle, many sponsors would have dumped Armstrong already. Contact has been made from Armstrong's people to sponsors already, with two main points (my wording, of course):

1) Armstrong's image will pull through; even if some bad juju comes to light, we're playing dirty too, and the brand will survive. Remember, "Cancer!"; and

2) If you drop Armstrong, your company loves cancer, and we'll let the public know that.

These points have been highlighted to at least one current sponsor that I know of. It's a dirty game all around.

Summary: At this point, there's really no one clueless left in the Armstrong camp. The remaining sponsors are just as complicit as he is.

-Aaron

jimmypop said:
1) Armstrong's image will pull through; even if some bad juju comes to light, we're playing dirty too, and the brand will survive. Remember, "Cancer!"; and

the Cancer shield might offset a complete damage, but American people really hate to know that their beloved tax dollars have been utilized by a Cheater to enrich himself... that's the bottom line of the Investigation.

jimmypop said:
2) If you drop Armstrong, your company loves cancer, and we'll let the public know that.

that argument won't be useful anymore when the truth is revealed.

jimmypop said:
Summary: At this point, there's really no one clueless left in the Armstrong camp. The remaining sponsors are just as complicit as he is.

maybe you & the sponsors keep thinking about LA's doping as the central core of the Investigation, when in reality is just one aspect of the entire puzzle.....

There ARE other cancer survivors out there, with a less smelly life story and personality. Most are fanboys till the bitter end though.
I believe there was one swimmer who took Olympic Gold (one step higher than a TdF) in long distance swimming, after cancer.

Even if sponsors fear the pro-cancer badge the LA team will slap on them, they could invest some coin into more "boring" incentives, just leave LA and affiates 100% out of it.

jimmypop said:
I doubt that's the case, given the legal teams that companies like Nike have. There are employees at Nike patrolling the image and portrayal of sponsored athletes. Even the CEOs of these companies are fully aware of the accusations. Public companies in particular, since they had a fiduciary responsibility to terminate these contracts - or to address the concerns - when "morality" clauses are violated.

Lance Armstrong, like Tiger Woods, is a successful brand. Sponsors will stick around until the bitter end as long as the analysts and bean counters think that the benefits outweigh the short-term negatives.

Sure, there may be a few clueless execs and board members who truly believe that there's nothing to the allegations and that this whole mess will pass them by. But for every clueless sponsor, there are ten keyed-in businessmen who saw success in the Armstrong branding and continue to believe that the association is still beneficial. There's a federal investigation going on, and witnesses (some CEOs, even!) are being subpoenaed; this isn't just a case of rumors. Some sponsors already have the termination clause highlighted and the "see ya later" agreements printed out, just in case.

If it weren't for the cancer angle, many sponsors would have dumped Armstrong already. Contact has been made from Armstrong's people to sponsors already, with two main points (my wording, of course):

These points have been highlighted to at least one current sponsor that I know of. It's a dirty game all around.

-Aaron

Wow, If I was a CEO and received a threat from an athlete who is in the crucible and under a microscope - I'd call it a day, revel in the past profits, and sign the dissolution paperwork stat.

TRENDING THREADS