• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Suspect samples destroyed in Guatemala

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
This the way to do it. Destroy your B samples yourself and leave nothing to chance

"According to Guatemalan daily Siglo XXI, the driver of the DHL van, Julio Eduardo López, was attacked by unknown assailants who destroyed samples taken by the Guatemalan Olympic Committee (COG) and being sent for testing in Canada. The report made to police also alleges that prior to the attack the two riders had gone to the DHL office looking for the samples."

Suspect samples destroyed in Guatemala

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
They should have sent it FedEx

"When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight"

Nice turn of words. Guatamala has always had an abundance of PEDs available. Friends talk of leaving the starting line in a race there and hearing what sounded like Rice Krispies "snapping and popping". It was the excess spillage of pills left on the ground!

Guatemalan shame :eek:(

It's so sad for me, a born Guatemalan to hear about your country in a
Cycling forum not for winning events but rather shameful events, I really thought we had a limit on how low we can sink but this really outdid my expectations:(

I'm just curious to see if the European peloton will start to do similar things. Not sure if your blood will come back clean, then just get some friends to hijack the courier. I'm sure that some of the Italian riders have 'connections' that could prove very valuable in this regard.:D