• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 220 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Emirates was the second team with most wins in 2022. How they won so much with a weak bike?
71IicaXlW-L.jpg

Sporza's mole in the peloton had this to say about the matter:

I also heard in the podcast (with Boonen etc) that Tadej Pogacar at UAE Team Emirates does not have the best bike. I want to nuance that a bit.

Pogacar and co have been riding a new and better Colnago bike since this year, they switched from Campagnolo to Shimano and ride with ENVE wheels.

So better material and I also notice that in the race. The entire UAE squad has taken another step forward. Just look at a Rui Oliveira, who was up there in the opening weekend.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I can tell you anytime I bought a new bike I would be in tears after a few rides realizing its not making me any faster
Eddy said "ride the bike, ride the bike, ride the bike" as training advice. They only make you faster when you are fast is the message. It took awhile to explain that to some tri-folks riding long rides on their aero setup at average 25kph....in a group. By the way... a group of tri-folks is 3, familiar riders. More than that is called Carnage.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I’m just surprised people went from the small advantages or disadvantages a bike can give you to now that’s ridiculous. While your equipment won’t make a bad rider into a good one, similar levels will see a difference if equipment is better for one over the other.
But really what is the difference at world tour level? Even the worst teams have bikes that are better, and set up and maintained better than any of you ever have.