• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I hope Wout goes all out, and doesn't save himself for Champs Elysées. I think he has as much, maybe more, chance of winning the ITT as winning the final sprint. Plus he could set a benchmark for Primoz and Tom.

Jumbo have a realistic chance of winning all of the last three stages. Stage 19 sprint should favour WvA (if it comes to a sprint). Even after all his work he will still probably be fresher than all the sprinters. The TT should be a Jumbo affar anyway and well, why not win Champs as well while we are at it.

I have often thought about that. With no stage win should they be the winner. But, the more you think about it you see it would never work. As an example:

The top 2 are separated by 5min going into stage 21. Rider 1 has no stage win but is 5min ahead. Rider 2 has 5 stage wins but in total time is still 5min behind at the end of the race.

How can you say that Rider 1 is not the winner overall? He has rode to 5min ahead of his closest rival. True, if you finish a stage in a group or within "X" distance of another rider you are given the same time. However, the "X" distance or group still has a winner in the one who crosses the line first. This really only matters on single day races and the first stage of a stage race to say who is the 1st leader (or winner in a single day race). Would it be interesting to see any gap be counted as a different time? Maybe, I'm just not sure how they would do it. A guy wins with a time of 5h 5m and 2nd place is 5h 5m and.25s? We can say that you are given the time when your seat (meaning your main body mass) cross the line not the front tire. Again, could be an amazing thing to do but highly difficult.

Back on topic: Either PR or TP should win and both are deserving. Here is a question: What if say Porte destroyed the ITT and won by say 2 seconds? I don't know if PR and TP are as good of TT riders as a Porte for example. Curious if anyone in the top 5 can come even close. Unlikely...but still could happen

Back on topic: Either PR or TP should win and both are deserving. Here is a question: What if say Porte destroyed the ITT and won by say 2 seconds? I don't know if PR and TP are as good of TT riders as a Porte for example. Curious if anyone in the top 5 can come even close. Unlikely...but still could happen
Roglič is a better TT rider than Porte and has been for the last 4 years. I'd say Pogačar and Porte are about equal at the moment.

tenor.gif

speechless

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I think he may be even better than Contador especially in the classics but the style is there

Yeah this is really just an incomparable performance in the modern era of cycling. He is head and shoulders above anyone at his age and, with 3 stage wins, going against a STACKED team, 1:21 lost in crosswinds, dominant final TT victory, it’s an incredibly impressive victories in recent memory, age aside.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts