• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
She's probably from a state in the US, where you have to wait until you're 21 to drink alcohol, unlike many countries in Europe.

I think that's all states… but my point is; Pogacar isn't. And even if he was; he could still have celebrated those wins with a drink, just like he couldn't (supposedly) celebrate his California win, despite not being from the US.

Reactions: Koronin
I think that's all states… but my point is; Pogacar isn't. And even if he was; he could still have celebrated those wins with a drink, just like he couldn't (supposedly) celebrate his California win, despite not being from the US.
That was neither her point, nor was it mine. For her it was just a way to congratulate him with his 21st birthday, saying he's old enough to drink now. And i was simply saying, that her being from the US, was the reason she made that reference. We all know he isn't from the USA.

Reactions: Carols
Much Ado about Nothing! It's just something we say in the USA when some one turns 21. Sorry to have Offended your sensibilities!

And that's the problem! You make it seem like the entire world is the USA... like I wouldn't talk about a rider from the US being "old enough to get a license" upon turning 18, because I know that he might already have one.
But anyway, happy - almost finished - 21st birthday to Tadej Pogacar, and may he celebrate it exactly as he sees fit.

Unless of course your grow up near the Canadian border, then once you're 18 or 19 (depends on the province) you can just go to Canada to drink. Yes that does happen a lot. Where I grew up was about a 6 hour drive to Niagara falls (closest crossing to Canada from north eastern Ohio) and there were many college students who would go to Niagara falls for weekends so they could drink. So yes, you have to be 21 to drink in the US, but you can legally get around that if you live near Canada.

Happy 21st Birthday to Tadej Pogacar.

Unless of course your grow up near the Canadian border, then once you're 18 or 19 (depends on the province) you can just go to Canada to drink. Yes that does happen a lot. Where I grew up was about a 6 hour drive to Niagara falls (closest crossing to Canada from north eastern Ohio) and there were many college students who would go to Niagara falls for weekends so they could drink. So yes, you have to be 21 to drink in the US, but you can legally get around that if you live near Canada.

Happy 21st Birthday to Tadej Pogacar.
That's another matter and similar to Dutch "coffeeshops" getting swamped by Belgian and French customers for some Mary Jane.

Reactions: Koronin
I think he did a really good World race today, finishing basically with the chasing group of favorites in the top 20. For such a hard race and already doing the Vuelta it's a great result.

EFpGzHOXkAo7zyY.jpg:large

It will be interesting to see on how Pogačar will cope with the Tour. Just about anything is possible, including the podium position. That is being healthy, well prepared and with a bit of luck. Just not sure on how much support will UAE team be able to provide, compared to other teams.
They could provide him a lot of support, Polanc, de la Cruz, Dombrowski, Formolo and Conti for example. The problem is the fact that Gaviria's sprint train will also be on the Tour team.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS