• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sour grapes, I'm sure he needed a ton of his money to somehow find the guy who won l'Avenir that year and finished 4th in the Tour of Slovenia, after already finishinng 5th in that races one year before when he was just 18 years old.
Patrick is a bit delusional when it comes to their scouting ability, Pogi wasn't exacty hard to find.
You aren't impressed by him having scouted Remco, either???

Then by the Lefevere Logic shouldn't this board get credit for scouting Remco for Quickstep ;):p

Sour grapes, I'm sure he needed a ton of his money to somehow find the guy who won l'Avenir that year and finished 4th in the Tour of Slovenia, after already finishinng 5th in that races one year before when he was just 18 years old.
Patrick is a bit delusional when it comes to their scouting ability, Pogi wasn't exacty hard to find.
Sometimes you need these certainties to hang on to in life.

Lefevre being a saltmine is one of them.

Tadej is ripping it up in Tenerife ahead of the UAE Tour at the end of the month.

5.5km @ 12.3% :oops:

EtJcwrnW4AQGNq-

There isn't much climbing or variety in UAE I would think. Plus the unbearable heat.

Another ride from yesterday, climb up to mount Teide:

7JRgNWh.png
Lol at the name of the segment, 7k uphill Sprint. Usually one can sprint for a couple of hundred meters uphill. The only one I've seen sprinting uphill for a couple of kilometers was probably Pantani. Oh, and Porte up Willunga Hill.

Anyway, he's destroyed the KOM, I see. Already in TdF form. Will be a good battle with Adam Yates in the UAE Tour again.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Why in Tenerife?

Despite only 40 km of maximum width Tenerife is one of highest islands on Earth - over 3700 m. a. s. l. Vertical relief there is tremendous, almost all roads are winding uphill (the whole island is actually a big volcano). There are very steep sections as well as mamooth 30-40 km ascents (with 2000 m+ of vertical relief, bigger than any GT climbs). Plus great climate for winter training and amazing scenery. This is the best place to train for European cyclists (and not only them, it seems).

Reactions: Escarabajo
Despite only 40 km of maximum width Tenerife is one of highest islands on Earth - over 3700 m. a. s. l. Vertical relief there is tremendous, almost all roads are winding uphill (the whole island is actually a big volcano). There are very steep sections as well as mamooth 30-40 km ascents (with 2000 m+ of vertical relief, bigger than any GT climbs). Plus great climate for winter training and amazing scenery. This is the best place to train for European cyclists (and not only them, it seems).

Probably more of that hotel up in Teide at 2200m and temperatures. Otherwise such a pos place. Without altitude it's Gran Canary ftw..

I'd bet they'd like Maui. Start at the beach and end up in snow at the top without getting wet.

She has been with him the whole time in Tenerife . She has trained a day with Annemiek van Vleuten too

I am curious how she will do this season as on Strava she seems to hold up to Tadej trainingswise
My guess is they turn off their wattage and heartrate at the key times that tells you how well they hold up. These two are living the rare moment in life and I'm envious.

My guess is they turn off their wattage and heartrate at the key times that tells you how well they hold up. These two are living the rare moment in life and I'm envious.
That’s a funny thought—like when the team managers go to look at his ride data later that day and say “what’s this spike in your HR on a flat portion on the route when you were supposed to be easy spinning?”

Best rider in the world in the moment. Nobody can do the watts per kilo that he does.

Wait & see. Until his famous time trial in the Tour, people wouldn't be saying this (just a couple of days before, he was dropped on the Col de la Loze).

There are a few others who can also light up the watts charts & climbs/time trials, so IMO we could be in for a pretty epic season if all these top GC guys are on form - including Pogacar.

Now, the big question for me right now is; at which point will he stop automatically winning two jerseys whenever he wins the GC of a stage-race?
I'm guessing for races that have the BYR jersey be a U-23 competition, it could slowly start this year, providing they apply the "you're too old the year you turn 23" rule.

TRENDING THREADS