• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
eiYhc38.png

Reactions: Lui98 and Lequack

There seems to be a Slovenian contest going on who's the nicest. After Roglic took the win from Mäder Pogacar was like "no, I'm not going to take this from Mathieu, doesn't look good". And Roglic was like "yeah, they drilled it when I crashed again, but I'm going to take it with so much grace, I'm going to win their hearts."

Joking. They both seem to be true gentlemen.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Sorry, just one of many forum jokes that I seem to have missed.

What's the Harper thing?

I probably need to take more notice of one day races.

I think Jorgenson's thread title says it all.

The Harper thing was because many commentators (Kirby) were dead certain that it was Harper who won the stage on Jebel Jais instead of Vingegaard and only realised it long after he had crossed the line.

• Haha
Blasting? He was taking 10-30 seconds on Porte in MTF's last year (and breaking even with Roglic). Whereas say Armstrong was taking 30 plus seconds on Ullrich on almost every MTF.
I wasn't comparing him to Pharmstrong. Who knows if he will become uber dominant. But he certainly seems to have been stronger over the past year than EB was the year before. Has noted, he's setting records, and he's winning races.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Random question. Are there any pictures of this guy - excluding TTs - where he does not have a bunch of hairs randomly sticking out of his helmet? It seems to be kind of his trademark.
Nope:cool:

his hair seems to stick out less with the MET helmetz. I hereby demand the Uci to ban those, cycling will not be the same without that hair sticking out:)

Pog vs Rog at The Basque Country should be an epic if Roglic has recovered from his Paris-Nice injuries.

He should be fine, i.e. his actual chase on Sunday (& the limited loss of time versus a peloton riding full gas with several teams working against him) showed his top form IMO. He's usually pretty honest about injuries as well (i.e. before the Tour last year when one week after the Dauphiné crash he admitted it was way worse than he thought) so we'll know soon enough, but expect things to be fine.

And yeah, Pogacar versus Roglic is "the" show I've been waiting for & something which can be really good for the sport, just like Van Aert versus Van Der Poel versus Alaphilippe in the classics. Good times to be a cycling fan.

With all things being equal, I will give a slight edge to TP.
I know that Slovenia has some dragons story like Jason and the Argonauts, St. Georges dragons etc. So maybe these two have dragons blood in their body which gives them super human strength.

With all things being equal, I will give a slight edge to TP.
I know that Slovenia has some dragons story like Jason and the Argonauts, St. Georges dragons etc. So maybe these two have dragons blood in their body which gives them super human strength.

On the Tour, I have an inkling Van Aert drilling it on the climbs for Primoz could be the difference, especially if Pogacar attacks from further out (as he has done in the Tirreno-Adriatico).

But sure, Pogacar on paper (& considering he's the current holder & blowing everyone up everywhere he races) is favorite. I'd like to see Carapaz join the action as well in the mountains. It's that sort of multipolar action with top riders across the board which could create uncertainty (even for Pogacar, no matter how strong he is), instead of one rider & team dominating.