• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well what can you say about today, just amazing. I think even if Roglic was in the front group Tadej would be hard to beat today.

Ez1E7sVWUAAM22w

I may get 10 bells knocked out of me for this comment, but I've a feeling he may tire a bit towards the end of the Tour. He been going full pelt more or less since the UAE and still going strong. There's one or two who have not been firing on all cylinders yet but are prepping for the Tour who may just come alive when it matters most, and I ain't talking about the Dawg.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Is he on trajectory to one of the best seasons in recent times? So far winning UAE Tour, Tireno-Adriatico, now LBL. With no crashes (or wrongly timed mechanical) in TDF, I just can't see him lose it. Then OI and Vuelta. He has proven to have impecable recovery and will be there at Vuelta (take last year Roglics win, so it's possible).

I know I am overreaching, but still. Unbelievable and at that age.
Three months is a long time in cycling.

I think somebody should start a thread "Will Pogačar win all 3 GTs and all 5 monuments till 2024?"
Only 3 GT’s?... :eek:

His win today was impressive. I know he was very eager to show something today but still...

22 years old....

His position in the sprint was very smart and overall he also seems to stay (relatively) calm during the race.

His next goal will be the tour of slovenia, because he participated there 3 times and did not get on the podium yet...#goodluckfortherest

I may get 10 bells knocked out of me for this comment, but I've a feeling he may tire a bit towards the end of the Tour. He been going full pelt more or less since the UAE and still going strong. There's one or two who have not been firing on all cylinders yet but are prepping for the Tour who may just come alive when it matters most, and I ain't talking about the Dawg.
Could be of course, but seeing 2019 and 2020, where did he get tired? Ok he lost a bit of time here and there but he is so consistent it is scary...

Only 3 GT’s?... :eek:

His win today was impressive. I know he was very eager to show something today but still...

22 years old....

His position in the sprint was very smart and overall he also seems to stay (relatively) calm during the race.

His next goal will be the tour of slovenia, because he participated there 3 times and did not get on the podium yet...#goodluckfortherest
Tour of Slovenia now = the 4th Grand Tour :)

Could be of course, but seeing 2019 and 2020, where did he get tired? Ok he lost a bit of time here and there but he is so consistent it is scary...

2020 was a completely different season with long COVID break. Still, Pog was too tired to take part in the Vuelta. This year he's been winning from a get go and also had some very energy-sucking performances: i.e. rainy stage at the Tirreno or last stage of Tour of Basque. He should be careful and take a good rest now (which he said he would do).

He was top 5 in 3 of his last 4 grand tours and in the other he got ill. In the TDF last year he came in furthest from top form of all the GC contenders and still managed 5th place, if hadn't come out of lockdown in such poor condition he would have ended 3rd.

but he will get crushed in the ITTs. simply no way is he on par with pog, rog, G... carapaz also likely to ship major time in the ITTs...

besides it's all moot. pog will crush all.

• Wow
but he will get crushed in the ITTs. simply no way is he on par with pog, rog, G... carapaz also likely to ship major time in the ITTs...

besides it's all moot. pog will crush all.

In normal circumstances I agree, Mas can't get close to Pogacar but crashes/illness do happen and after the four riders you listed I rank Mas next favourite with Kelderman so they have a good chance of making the podium as bad luck always happens to a couple of riders.

TRENDING THREADS