• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 85 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Second Tour de France title b2b ... that's just GREAT . Congratulations !!! :wineglass:
It was a tough test for a 22 year old. Actually ... the battle on the ground was the easiest. Other things around this event ... all sorts of pressure ... he probably wasn't ready for it yet.

No Spain this year ... doesn’t surprise me at all. He s empty and that s why TDF winners usually don’t go to the Vuelta. Next year probably (I think so) Giro - Vuelta double . The Giro is the most apropriate GT for Tadej. Low temperatures, rain, fog, snow. He will fly .... :cool: And he speaks Italian, not French, even though his mother is a French teacher. Funny ... . And then ... Vuelta is a logical choice .... He wants to win it and there is enough time to prepare in between. Giro - Tour is probably to hard for him at this moment.

So, quite possibly ... no Tour 2022 for Tadej, or ... no Tadej for Tour 2022. Either way anyone turns.

Second Tour de France title b2b ... that's just GREAT . Congratulations !!! :wineglass:
It was a tough test for a 22 year old. Actually ... the battle on the ground was the easiest. Other things around this event ... all sorts of pressure ... he probably wasn't ready for it yet.

No Spain this year ... doesn’t surprise me at all. He s empty and that s why TDF winners usually don’t go to the Vuelta. Next year probably (I think so) Giro - Vuelta double . The Giro is the most apropriate GT for Tadej. Low temperatures, rain, fog, snow. He will fly .... :cool: And he speaks Italian, not French, even though his mother is a French teacher. Funny ... . And then ... Vuelta is a logical choice .... He wants to win it and there is enough time to prepare in between. Giro - Tour is probably to hard for him at this moment.

So, quite possibly ... no Tour 2022 for Tadej, or ... no Tadej for Tour 2022. Either way anyone turns.
I think he will do TdF next year. As long he's winning it every year, he will return.

Didn't they from the UAE team confirm he'll ride the Vuelta this year just about a week ago? Of course it's a sensible decision if he doesn't go. But the plan before the season already was to do the Tour- Vuelta double. I wonder what made them change their mind...Today's ITT performance? I doubt it.

Winning the Tour (and leading it for a long time) takes its toll (also mentally) and Pogacar mentioned it today. Plus this year there are the Olympics so no time to rest between Tour and Vuelta. No official announcment yet, maybe it will appear only after the Olympics.

He's won the Tour twice (almost). It's logical that he should try Giro-Vuelta double to win all of them and I'd like him to do it next year. Other doubles (including the Tour) are more taxing for the youngster.

i think as long as you are winning the TDF, that must be the priority. winning all three is nice, sure, but winning lots of TDFs is best -- ask Froome. Ask Merckx who was "told" to stay away in 1973 (though I think Ocana would have beaten him anyway).

i hope he does TDF and Vuelta next year.

leave giro to others (and, personally, I would like Remco to have a clean try at Giro without getting an inferiority complex from losing -- badly -- to Pog). whether you like Remco or not, you may want to start pulling for him to show full-on GT qualities of recovery and successive mountain stages in order to give Pog as much competition as possible.

pog is freaking 22! and if you do not want remco and vingo to pan out, we are in for a very long domination...

just sayin'.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS