• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 113 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why not. Not suggesting he would have got a top 5 finish but it seems ridiculously dismissive to claim he would DNF.
On a course like Dendermonde it's not impossible he would have been lapped and taken out of the race as that happened to 50% field today. Really depends on how good he runs and rides through the mud. But in most races he probably would be able to finish.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Showing some nice skills there.. I’d be intrigued to see how he’d fair in an MTB race too, perhaps one of the less technical climbers circuits?

He did some of that as well

D_D7-4bXUAEEcYY

Both Pogacar and Mezgec would be competitive in the elite Cyclo-cross if they had a GREATER focus - I am certain that Mezgec has been Slovenian champion in Road/Cyclocross and MB.
Well, it depends on what you would deem competitive. I don't think they would come close to the two giants, but behind that, sure. I think if Alaphilippe were to take it up again, that he might actually be able to do some damage.

Well, it depends on what you would deem competitive. I don't think they would come close to the two giants, but behind that, sure. I think if Alaphilippe were to take it up again, that he might actually be able to do some damage.
I'm really not sure how well road physiology translates to CX, but I'd probably put Alaphilippe a lot higher than Pogacar in it. But still the intervals in CX are even a lot shorter than what's ideal for Alaphilippe.

What's the best race to look at even. The old Boonen charity CX race where a bunch of road guys would get themselves dirty?

I'm really not sure how well road physiology translates to CX, but I'd probably put Alaphilippe a lot higher than Pogacar in it. But still the intervals in CX are even a lot shorter than what's ideal for Alaphilippe.

What's the best race to look at even. The old Boonen charity CX race where a bunch of road guys would get themselves dirty?
This is Alaphilippe at the world cup CX 2013 in Rome for espoirs.

Tadej clearly likes riding his bike. Same as Wout.

You would never have seen Jan Ullrich in a cyclocross race in December - Ulle actually didn‘t like riding his bike.

With Ulle, you had to wait until Sarthe or even Romandie to see him doing a bike race. With Pogi and Wout, you see them racing all year long. That‘s great.

Okay, but Ullrich isn't exactly a reasonable baseline to measure up against.

TRENDING THREADS