• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 114 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hi everybody, just for your entertainment: today, I thought, Pogacar - one day - will be able to tell his children: „Son and daughter, I tell you what. At my first Tour de France, 2020, I was so strong, that the former Giro winner and World Champion Tom Dumoulin did not dare to join a bike race for the first almost six months of 2021 - he was just too depressed…!“… :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
With Almeida and a trainer

FIf6YqqXIAI_ZNj

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Jspear
Hi everybody, just for your entertainment: today, I thought, Pogacar - one day - will be able to tell his children: „Son and daughter, I tell you what. At my first Tour de France, 2020, I was so strong, that the former Giro winner and World Champion Tom Dumoulin did not dare to join a bike race for the first almost six months of 2021 - he was just too depressed…!“… :)

Yeah, signs of it were already there:

EiSnA85WkAAmSff.jpg

FIf6YqqXIAI_ZNj

Pogi seems pretty fat compared to Almeida (despite a dark outfit). Maybe he had a training camp with Jan Ullrich (speedy Nutella eating).

Why, both look fit?...the difference evidently is in genetics. When Pog stomps on the pedals there is simply a force that can't be resisted. Until someone else comes along....
( would never make fun of someone because of weight. Also anorexia in athletes is too real <3)

I am not laughing at that, but their smiles and stances. So awkward :D Almeida looks so tiny cause his head/face is so big. Pog looks normal but kinda awkward. The trainer looks priceless in between them. More like if he was their fan asking for a picture together with them. Amazing smile he has with a tiny happy little face :joycat::hearteyecat:

Last edited:

FIf6YqqXIAI_ZNj

I'm just wondering if Almeida was at Denia already December as I saw one UAE when doing my ride. We said hello as we came by at slow speed and already then thought if it was him. Same looks and build.

Coll de Rates 2.0, so called Super Rates, is btw very nice on a calm sunny day. Went up there just before Christmas. Only maybe 200 meters of fine gravel in the flattish start from atop of basic Rates climb, no harm for your racing tyres. Rest is well laid concrete surface. Steep but not overly so. Deffo must if riding around Denia.

I'm just wondering if Almeida was at Denia already December as I saw one UAE when doing my ride. We said hello as we came by at slow speed and already then thought if it was him. Same looks and build.

Coll de Rates 2.0, so called Super Rates, is btw very nice on a calm sunny day. Went up there just before Christmas. Only maybe 200 meters of fine gravel in the flattish start from atop of basic Rates climb, no harm for your racing tyres. Rest is well laid concrete surface. Steep but not overly so. Deffo must if riding around Denia.

He wouldn't ride in UAE kit before January 1st, though, would he?

Reactions: Sandisfan
I was recently (re-)reading the five monuments thread, saw a post stating that you may have a chance if you start as a GT rider, win the two hilly ones early and "bulk up" towards the end of your career for Roubaix. First thing I thought was Pogacar. For a fact I could see him able to win MSR or/and RVV if he peaks and is lucky enough.

If Pog wins all the monuments and all the GC's (especially if he does it 2022-2023), for me he'd be up there with Merckx.

This not possible, they already locked that for Evenepoel. :hearteyes:

Nah, you are not up to date. Pogi is the new Merckx. It's approved by the legend:

Remco is the new Spilak now.

TRENDING THREADS