• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 196 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pogačar's main goal next year will be to recapture the Tour win. Milan San Remo, Ronde and World Championships also planned:

So very a similar program to this year: the combination of the Tour and classics looks like his career path. I wonder if he will change anything regarding his Tour preparations given the big strength of Vinge, who will likely target only the Tour again.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Slovenia really is on top the world currently. Not just one of the best cyclists in the world, but Luka Doncic certainly is among the best 5 (if not the best) basketball players of the world.

Luckily, they didn't qualify for the World Cup of football, though. FIFA would probably not allow their country's name on the shirts because it contains the letter sequence L-O-V-E.

So very a similar program to this year: the combination of the Tour and classics looks like his career path. I wonder if he will change anything regarding his Tour preparations given the big strength of Vinge, who will likely target only the Tour again.
Between fleche wallone and the tour, it's almost 2 months. He always did the tour in peak shape. There's no problem with is program, and that's why will not change. He needs to improve his peak shape if vingegaard comes to the tour again with the shape of this year's tour.

Slovenia really is on top the world currently. Not just one of the best cyclists in the world, but Luka Doncic certainly is among the best 5 (if not the best) basketball players of the world.

Well, yes and no. Dončić needs to win a championship ring. I feel that Dallas needs to up the game for that. As for Rogla and Pogi. In 2022 no GT wins and no WC title(s). Hence to get back on the top of the world. We need to do better.

Other than that he's been exploring nature with Rigo and his gf

FhHG__uWQAIJ9aX

My confusion until I realized the dangling modifier :joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat:

As with discussions on the Remco thread it's difficult to know what opponents will be primed and when in the Tour. He's pretty much got to do his thing and hope the team can bolster strategy as well. He didn't do much wrong last year and may actually be approaching peak form this year.
There will be some serious fireworks at the Tour, I hope.

A couple of days back i realized that Pogi likely chose such logo due to person dear to him losing a battle with cancer. And he being dedicated to help with funding cancer research. If that is the case to bad i didn't realized this sooner. As from this point of view it's a rather noble thing to do. To create, wear and promote such logo.

A couple of days back i realized that Pogi likely chose such logo due to person dear to him losing a battle with cancer. And he being dedicated to help with funding cancer research. If that is the case to bad i didn't realized this sooner. As from this point of view it's a rather noble thing to do. To create, wear and promote such logo.
He had that logo well before his mother in law passed away, no?

Last year Pogi won so his decline (foreseen by some experts here) is real. He's pretty fast upstairs so maybe he should switch to tower running next year (no Vinge and Remco there so it should be easier).
Jokes aside, his technique is so bad. I didn't expect him to jump barriers like Tom Meeusen would, but he's barely getting over these 10 centimeter high thresholds. I'm a little disappointed. Now I understand why he was so quick to decline Wouts invitation this July.

Unironically think organisers would pay much more for Pog than Van Aert or MvdP just because of the novelty factor.
I seriously doubt that. At least not in Belgium. Take a look at the footage in those tweets, compare that to what you saw this week in Mol, Gavere, Diegem... it looks like slow motion. You know what would happen with Pogacar in a "real" CX race? He would get dunked in the first corner, and get left in the dust by 3rd rate espoirs and get lapped before halfway. Nobody wants to see that, and even less people would pay for it. Maybe they would pay him more in the CX races in the USA, early season. But i seriously doubt any of the big CX organizers would pay him more than they'd pay Van der Poel or Van Aert.

Last edited:
Reactions: acm
I seriously doubt that. At least not in Belgium. Take a look at the footage in those tweets, compare that to what you saw this week in Mol, Gavere, Diegem... it looks like slow motion. You know what would happen with Pogacar in a "real" CX race? He would get dunked in the first corner, and get left in the dust by 3rd rate espoirs and get lapped before halfway. Nobody wants to see that, and even less people would pay for it. Maybe they would pay him more in the CX races in the USA, early season. But i seriously doubt any of the big CX organizers would pay him more than they'd pay Van der Poel or Van Aert.
I know Pog would be murdered in CX. But I think for a 1 time deal it could be very appealing to sponsors.

I know Pog would be murdered in CX. But I think for a 1 time deal it could be very appealing to sponsors.
No self-respecting organizer is going to ask him to race imho. I could see them paying him as VIP for the podium ceremony or the race start (handing over the medals, flowers, handling the startsignal...). He'd have to start all the way in the back to begin with, and if he doesn't he would would get trashed and it would be dangerous. No, i can't see it happening.

TRENDING THREADS