• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 198 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I mean, it baffled me immensely as to why he was on the provisional startlist in the first place given they had signed Mr. UAE Tour just last winter. That very inconvenient early season peak because of the sponsors does more harm than good, especially to someone who has ambitions in all three seasons of the calendar.

But on the other hand, he won the TDF twice with the same preparation of going to the UAE Tour. So changing the preparation is always a risk, it might make the preparations better, but also worse.

I mean, it baffled me immensely as to why he was on the provisional startlist in the first place given they had signed Mr. UAE Tour just last winter. That very inconvenient early season peak because of the sponsors does more harm than good, especially to someone who has ambitions in all three seasons of the calendar.
Also wouldn't be surprised if he saw that Spanish gravel race last year and decided he wanted in on that action too.

I don't think Pogacars TdF is hurt much by being really good early in the season, it more likely contributes to him falling off after the Tour and only having one last good day in Lombardia.

He's doing the Andalucia

FoTBR5mWYAA5D0F

It’s weird that he isn’t riding UAE tour, it’s the tournament of his employer. An employer that’s all about prestige and he is their most important rider. I can only imagine him skipping this if they are very sure he isn’t able to win because of his issues during the winter.
He may have had a choice in the matter. Where would you rather ride?

TRENDING THREADS