• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 488 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As we are now in the middle of classics season, I look at Pogacar's current ability and it seems like there is no stopping him.

If we look at the all time record for monument victories, the great Eddy Merckx holds the record with 19. Tadej won't break that I don't think but let's have a prediction of how many monuments he'll amass in his career.

For context, the top of the list looks like this:
1. Merckx- 19
2. De Vlaeminck- 11
3. Kelly- 9
3. Girardengo- 9
3. Coppi- 9

Can Tadej crack the top 5?
He's on 5 wins atm.
I'd say on reflection, if he gets 2 this year, he'll comfortably overtake De Vlaeminck.

I'd say on reflection, if he gets 2 this year, he'll comfortably overtake De Vlaeminck.
Comfortably is an overstatement to me but I would give him a good chance of getting to 2nd on his own.

If he keeps contesting 3+ monuments a year then I think he gets at minimum to 10 monuments barring significant injury that limits his level.

The Lombardia record of 5 wins by Fausto Coppi feels very achievable as has won it every edition he has entered. I expect at least 2 LBL more which gets him to 9. If he focused on Flanders and Roubaix it’s hard not to see him winning at least 1 more cobbled monument and he will always have a chance in MSR.

Pog changed his plans at the last minute because Urska went with the women's team to the Sierra Nevada, he has no one to cook at home, no company, Mohoric, Mathews, Formolo are all at the races, so at the last minute it was decided to do the altitude because of the company

Urska is also an 8.

I too would go to Sierra Nevada.

So long as that 10 Mikel Landa stays the hell away.

• Haha
Reactions: Krzysztof_O
Inigo San Millan is the biggest fraud among coaches in elite cycling and I firmly stand behind it, whoever you ask who has worked with him and doesn't work anymore has no good opinion. and exclusively intervals of 15 min, not 4*4 intervals, 20 min, 30+min and various mixes, but constantly for 4 years 15 min, what kind of coach is it if you see that the most talented cyclist in history has a problem with high temperatures, over 30° and you haven't done anything for years and you approach the problem amateurishly, while almost all rivals use heat training, Core equipment, saunas, etc. proven methods that help with adaptation and acclimatization, what kind of coach is he when asked what is Pogacar's ideal cadence, he says no understand in that area, what kind of coach is he who knows absolutely nothing about TT setup, position, biomechanics, he is one of the most ordinary charlatans and if anyone already has information that Millan trains Yates, ok my information tells me otherwise but ok, if that the person has good info,why Pog unfollowed Millan from all social networks, why they don't talk and we all know that Pog is friendly towards everyone. San Millan's resignation made Pog be the best ever this year, everything as I announced, and that is that he will ultra dominate the Strade Bianche, that he will not win San Remo even though he will be the strongest in the race because it is a ciciban race and that in Catalonia people will see the alien GC Pog for the first time and what happened, everything came true as if I were a time traveler who tells you what he watched and you will watch. there are people here on this forum who followed and read everything I wrote, and to these other haters i give😘😘😘 and the message Pog for the Giro and Tour is an invincible Pog for all the inhabitants of the planet earth, now you believe whatever you want, but remember my forecast for Strada, Remo and Catalonia and put your finger on your forehead, pozz for all the people who haven't seen it but believe it💯

Inigo San Millan is the biggest fraud among coaches in elite cycling and I firmly stand behind it, whoever you ask who has worked with him and doesn't work anymore has no good opinion. and exclusively intervals of 15 min, not 4*4 intervals, 20 min, 30+min and various mixes, but constantly for 4 years 15 min, what kind of coach is it if you see that the most talented cyclist in history has a problem with high temperatures, over 30° and you haven't done anything for years and you approach the problem amateurishly, while almost all rivals use heat training, Core equipment, saunas, etc. proven methods that help with adaptation and acclimatization, what kind of coach is he when asked what is Pogacar's ideal cadence, he says no understand in that area, what kind of coach is he who knows absolutely nothing about TT setup, position, biomechanics, he is one of the most ordinary charlatans and if anyone already has information that Millan trains Yates, ok my information tells me otherwise but ok, if that the person has good info,why Pog unfollowed Millan from all social networks, why they don't talk and we all know that Pog is friendly towards everyone. San Millan's resignation made Pog be the best ever this year, everything as I announced, and that is that he will ultra dominate the Strade Bianche, that he will not win San Remo even though he will be the strongest in the race because it is a ciciban race and that in Catalonia people will see the alien GC Pog for the first time and what happened, everything came true as if I were a time traveler who tells you what he watched and you will watch. there are people here on this forum who followed and read everything I wrote, and to these other haters i give😘😘😘 and the message Pog for the Giro and Tour is an invincible Pog for all the inhabitants of the planet earth, now you believe whatever you want, but remember my forecast for Strada, Remo and Catalonia and put your finger on your forehead, pozz for all the people who haven't seen it but believe it💯

The "good info" you are talking about has nothing to do with Pog choosing not to work with San Milan or unfollowed him, I dont know why you bring this up it no relevant at all in this instance.

It's about correct info being added to a conversation. (already pre planned altitude, Yates coached by San Milan, No chance of doing 8.5wkg for 12min)
Nothing more nothing less.
Dont be so insecure and repeat the same things over and over (heat sensor, TT, unfollowed on Instagram etc) we all heard that the 1st 452393 times.
It's like you shouting at a wall and upset it wont talk back.
Not one person doesnt believe Pog will win every race almost he enters. It's Tadej my friend, his history proves this.

Yes, San Millan's departure completely turned things around. Pog is now actually winning spring races unlike previous couple of years. Remember last year's RVV fiasco?? If he only used sauna back then, oh boy what a difference it would have made. About time someone showed up to turn this donkey into a horse...

Last edited:
The "good info" you are talking about has nothing to do with Pog choosing not to work with San Milan or unfollowed him, I dont know why you bring this up it no relevant at all in this instance.

It's about correct info being added to a conversation. (already pre planned altitude, Yates coached by San Milan, No chance of doing 8.5wkg for 12min)
Nothing more nothing less.
Dont be so insecure and repeat the same things over and over (heat sensor, TT, unfollowed on Instagram etc) we all heard that the 1st 452393 times.
It's like you shouting at a wall and upset it wont talk back.
Not one person doesnt believe Pog will win every race almost he enters. It's Tadej my friend, his history proves this.
you answer as a calculated Scandinavian, I as a passionate Balkan, it's hard for the two of us to find each other in communication my friend, I'm not angry at all, it's my style of writing and expression to boil the soup a little, nothing personal😉

I have about 10 people on this thread who believed what I said and were convinced of the same and had crazy fun watching Pog win, and the others are either haters or looking for a mistake in something I wrote, and I nicely said who you read it carefully and I see that people follow it in detail, that you will never fully know the real truth because of the hype, I sometimes used to exaggerate, sometimes take away a little, sometimes salt things and make the fairy tale more convincing, when you search and read all the posts and extract what you want come on, find the post where I wrote that I intentionally screw up and troll sometimes and that you will never know the truth in depth, do I have information about Pog, an insight into training peaks?, but that the essence is correct and that is that from 2024 you will watch the best cyclist in history , and are you watching? you are watching

I have about 10 people on this thread who believed what I said and were convinced of the same and had crazy fun watching Pog win, and the others are either haters or looking for a mistake in something I wrote, and I nicely said who you read it carefully and I see that people follow it in detail, that you will never fully know the real truth because of the hype, I sometimes used to exaggerate, sometimes take away a little, sometimes salt things and make the fairy tale more convincing, when you search and read all the posts and extract what you want come on, find the post where I wrote that I intentionally screw up and troll sometimes and that you will never know the truth in depth, do I have information about Pog, an insight into training peaks?, but that the essence is correct and that is that from 2024 you will watch the best cyclist in history , and are you watching? you are watching
We will. We do. You don't.

Now you can stop posting about yourself and focus on cycling instead…

Reactions: Miha81 and Colonel
haters, I do what I want, if you don't like it, don't read the posts, but you absorb them as if they are the best reading on offer, and that bothers you, you can't stand me, but you absorb everything I write
Well it goes both ways. You do what you want and I do what I want. I will read and if I don't like I will say so publicly. I wouldn't go as far as to say your posts are best reading on offer, though...

Well it goes both ways. You do what you want and I do what I want. I will read and if I don't like I will say so publicly. I wouldn't go as far as to say your posts are best reading on offer, though...
by far the best, by far and that's not because I'm some egoist, but these are facts, I'm indispensable, people who support me enjoy when I write, haters frown but they still read, and these cold Scandinavians who look for "mistakes" in the posts read even more in detail but as one of our songs says
View: https://youtu.be/nCAq-CBfEsk?si=dveGkTRP679zwXIL

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
by far the best, by far and that's not because I'm some egoist, but these are facts, I'm indispensable, people who support me enjoy when I write, haters frown but they still read, and these cold Scandinavians who look for "mistakes" in the posts read even more in detail but as one of our songs says
View: https://youtu.be/nCAq-CBfEsk?si=dveGkTRP679zwXIL
Im not Scandinavian. Another Mistake if I can call it that??

You claim looking for mistakes? It's about presenting facts like you claim to make. However, not all your info is correct and when you post something that is not correct or wrong, that typically would be called a mistake. Like for example Yates being coached by Javier. he isnt this is a Mistake or wrong info. You decide which one cause it was your wrong inside info. Let's not bing up the altitude....

You remind me a young child at a party who has attention on them for the 1st time and all of a sudden and starts over acting.
It was funny at 1st then it just becomes annoying.
No one is a hater, just that not everyone is taking in what you say. But you shout louder.
Same as when I said Yates to UAE in another thread. No one believed me. There was nothing wrong with that.
Anyway that is it from me on this. I am looking forward to solid racing ahead as always.

Last edited:
Im not Scandinavian. Another Mistake if I can call it that??

You claim looking for mistakes? It's about presenting facts like you claim to make. However, not all your info is correct and when you post something that is not correct or wrong, that typically would be called a mistake. Like for example Yates being coached by Javier. he isnt this is a Mistake or wrong info. You decide which one cause it was your wrong inside info. Let's not bing up the altitude....

You remind me a young child at a party who has attention on them for the 1st time and all of a sudden and starts over acting.
It was funny at 1st then it just becomes annoying.
No one is a hater, just that not everyone is taking in what you say. But you shout louder.
Same as when I said 2 years ago Yates to UAE in another thread. No one believed me as it was early in season. There was nothing wrong with that.
Anyway that is it from me on this. I am looking forward to solid racing ahead as always.
thank you for your attention, it means a lot to me, I'm sorry if I ever offended you and I promise you that I won't visit any more parties that you organize so that you don't feel neglected, if there's anything else I can do for you, just tell me if I'm able, why not, after all, we Balkans are people from the people...(Ne znam kako da drukcije prevedem "ljudi iz naroda")🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣