• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 526 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think that Strava segment just has bad elevation data…
I think you're right, Garmin gave me 81m elevation gain for that segment. It is highly unlikely that climb is 10.1%

garmin.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Where is this Pogacar "hate" some of you are crying about for pages on end?
There is none. And no one actually claiming pogi has haters. And if they do, it is not for pages on end. You are fomenting something that did not happen.

Now you might not like an active thread being driven by @mou’s mixture of newsworthy details and hyperbole. He’s claimed he himself has haters and this is a fact. But they take a front row seat and consume everything in here. And their personal aggrievement is the theater act. With the occasional dramatic conclusion of silencing of @mou and resurrection. It’s Shakespearean

There is none. And no one actually claiming pogi has haters. And if they do, it is not for pages on end. You are fomenting something that did not happen.

Now you might not like an active thread being driven by @mou’s mixture of newsworthy details and hyperbole. He’s claimed he himself has haters and this is a fact. But they take a front row seat and consume everything in here. And their personal aggrievement is the theater act. With the occasional dramatic conclusion of silencing of @mou and resurrection. It’s Shakespearean
well explained

Seems like there are just another group of people taking offense for no reason, then doing everything in their power to troll and derail the conversation. "Like why are they having so much fun? Stop that".

Just very corny.

people don't like someone to explain something to them, to convince them even though they are dealing with the facts, everyone likes to be the smartest and the most informed, but unfortunately it's very difficult for someone here to get information about Pog like me and then it must hurt my haters, and if nothing else with a peculiar way of writing, I also exposed a lot of Tadej Pogacar's haters who are waiting for him to fail, but I have to disappoint you, you will listen to the national anthem of Slovenia so often while following the races, something similar to how you listen to the American national anthem at the Olympic Games, so your efforts are in vain, you can't disturb me, I'm messing with you to set this thread on fire because I can see that it frustrates you...

Seems like there are just another group of people taking offense for no reason, then doing everything in their power to troll and derail the conversation. "Like why are they having so much fun? Stop that".

Just very corny.
Exactly this. Its not really more complicated than this. Indeed since i dont see anyone having that need constantly in others threads ive watched its very telling and ill leave it there. Its not many and the few after someone teached me about the mute button its a non issue for me atleast.
It’s Shakespearean
Actually had me laughing out loud at the office haha.

When I ask the question, how is it possible for someone to love a fisherman more than Pog, they think I'm a nationalist, that I'm insulting ... there's that Latin proverb "tastes are not discussed" and I agree 100%, but here it's not about taste, it's about elementary mental hygiene... the fisherman does not post anything on social networks, Pog is active, the fisherman does not drive classics, Pog dominates them, Pog has such marketing potential at the level of F1 drivers, and the fisherman is not even sponsored by his fish shop in Glynore, Pog goes to every race knife, attacks at 30-80 km to the finish line, gets the audience on their feet, sets fire to every stage on the Grand Tour, asks that the fisherman and he work together, this one refuses every time, the 20th stage of the tour 2023 explains everything to you best about what a boring driver that's where he works and the Tour was already decided after the TT, and it was sealed on Loze, and he didn't want to give fun and a duel to the spectators, but was glued to his wheel as if he were an inspector, and then I, as a cycling fan, don't understand where Vingo got so many sympathizers and fans, I can freely say that there are a lot more of them on this forum than Pogacar's fans, both openly and covert, which I personally exposed in these 2-3 months. strange all the way...

Can we just drop this 'fisherman' stuff? Apart from its inaccuracy, as a joke it is old and tired (if it ever was funny) and by this stage it serves no purpose other than to attempt to upset others by belittling their favourite.

People have a right to choose whatever rider they wish as a favourite. This forum is not run by fans of anyone in particular for fans of the same rider, and that applies to each and every thread within it.

Disagreement is allowed: civility is compulsory. And where not allowing others to disagree spills into incivility, it will not be tolerated.

Can we just drop this 'fisherman' stuff? Apart from its inaccuracy, as a joke it is old and tired (if it ever was funny) and by this stage it serves no purpose other than to attempt to upset others by belittling their favourite.

People have a right to choose whatever rider they wish as a favourite. This forum is not run by fans of anyone in particular for fans of the same rider, and that applies to each and every thread within it.

Disagreement is allowed: civility is compulsory. And where not allowing others to disagree spills into incivility, it will not be tolerated.
Keep the same energy when it comes to "luck merchant".

Why are pogacar fans so aggressive lately? Your guy is winning everything, everyone recognizes he's the best all-round racer there is, and that he and others of his generation make watching cycling extremely spectacular and entertaining (except for too many long solos). What are you all fighting against with thousands of posts a day? Is the idea that some might think vinge and mvdp have beaten him fair and square here and there really too much to take? Lighten up, it's good times!

Why are pogacar fans so aggressive lately? Your guy is winning everything, everyone recognizes he's the best all-round racer there is, and that he and others of his generation make watching cycling extremely spectacular and entertaining (except for too many long solos). What are you all fighting against with thousands of posts a day? Is the idea that some might think vinge and mvdp have beaten him fair and square here and there really too much to take? Lighten up, it's good times!
It is the other way around though.

For example, Mou posting interesting information. Immediately there are 3-4 guys questioning him.

So who is being aggressive?

Any fan in here are enjoying the racing and the achievements. Other people, they just want to go at said fans and post dumb stuff. Even in other threads, in the race threads and so on.

We are not all aggressive. There are just a couple of posters behaving terribly lately, doing a disservice to both Pogacar and his fans. As per their motives, I would go with endless thirst for attention if I had to guess...

It is the other way around though.

For example, Mou posting interesting information. Immediately there are 3-4 guys questioning him.

So who is being aggressive?

Any fan in here are enjoying the racing and the achievements. Other people, they just want to go at said fans and post dumb stuff. Even in other threads, in the race threads and so on.

There has at times been made absolutely ridiculous claims like +20% year over year improvement, 8 w/kg and others. And this will of course be called out. You could argue it's all in good fun, but some eat up what is posted, so maybe a counter point is good at times.

I find it funny that when some feel the thread is getting very excluding, they are met with more of the same.

Reactions: Berniece and Froome
There has at times been made absolutely ridiculous claims like +20% year over year improvement, 8 w/kg and others. And this will of course be called out. You could argue it's all in good fun, but some eat up what is posted, so maybe a counter point is good at times.

I find it funny that when some feel the thread is getting very excluding, they are met with more of the same.
Problem is some people take it way too seriously.

So far much of the information has checked out and a lot of what has been said about the progress, things behind the scenes and other stuff has been correct. It has been good information. So what if a few numbers dont check out to a tee? There are ways you can always twists those things.

Then a few, like yourself... it is like you dont want to admit it or just want to poke holes and troll. Belittle and misconstrue things on purpose. Writing something provocative only to end with "watch the fanboys come now". That is what truly is the driving force here.

Stop taking offense and stop trolling. Other posters are now doing this in other threads as well. If anything they are just tryna cope and cant stop crying about it. They look ridiculous and are alienating themselves. Then wanna cry wolf on people posting in here.

If they wouldnt react and take offense... there would be no problems.

Apparently if the conversation is not satisfying for a selected few... it cant fly.
I do wonder how many feels this way cause i have the same feeling and its unfortunately and im as far as you can get from a fanboy of anyone besides maby Jordan.
Problem is some people take it way too seriously.

So far much of the information has checked out and a lot of what has been said about the progress, things behind the scenes and other stuff has been correct. It has been good information. So what if a few numbers dont check out to a tee? There are ways you can always twists those things.

Then a few, like yourself... it is like you dont want to admit it or just want to poke holes and troll. Belittle and misconstrue things on purpose. Writing something provocative only to end with "watch the fanboys come now". That is what truly is the driving force here.

Stop taking offense and stop trolling. Other posters are now doing this in other threads as well. If anything they are just tryna cope and cant stop crying about it. They look ridiculous and are alienating themselves. Then wanna cry wolf on people posting in here.

If they wouldnt react and take offense... there would be no problems.
Its perplexing for everyone I think. Pogacar is intimidating I guess is the only answer.

Man came to forum give us inside info about Pogi and he got banned 4 times , wtf?
We cant have nice things. It has to be ruined. No info, no chat among fans.

If he wins, he is lucky.

If he wins, he still lost in others eyes... which they have to point out every day.

If he loses, trolling about him losing even though no cyclist has ever won every race.

If someone shares information, you are lying and must be banished.

Who really has a problem here?