• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 522 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think this is a very good post and you are making some really interesting points. Especially about how some people just seem to be irritated for no reason. He is just the greatest. Once in a lifetime, indeed. Will be very interesting to follow the rest of his season and what he can achieve.
Yes exactly. Also when they compare their favorite rider to a injured Pog all the time and neglect when he was not injured i just find that hillarious and thats when you know just how superior he is towards everyone else.

Just pay attention its always the same and quite honestly very funny and if anything just show how superior he is to anyone else. Imagine if ppl compared Pogacar to a injured rider but ofc people dont do that as its no need.

And if, although it seems unlikely, Evenepoel or Vingegaard take the start line of the Tour, we look forward to you not trying to compare their efforts to Pogacar's.
I will never use injury against these warriors and that includes everyone. Personally for me its just poor taste and a way to force a narrative you like and disingenuous, and for me that make no sense and if anything very telling in itself if thats all you can do is judge vs a hurt version of it whoever it is, I think it says everything you need to know, so no worries there its no need.

If I ever do that smack me on my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
I will never use injury against these warriors and that includes everyone. Personally for me its just poor taste and a way to force a narrative you like and disingenuous, and for me that make no sense and if anything very telling in itself if thats all you can do is judge vs a hurt version of it whoever it is, I think it says everything you need to know, so no worries there its no need.

If I ever do that smack me on my head.
Literally no one is going to do any of this. No need to explain or pre-apologize. This thread has just gotten stupid for all the unfun reasons.

Literally no one is going to do any of this. No need to explain or pre-apologize. This thread has just gotten stupid for all the unfun reasons.
I feel you and know what you mean too, but some people do and its always the same im sure you know. Ive never seen other people do it here towards other rider but as i said it says it all really but its still meh and to bad two ppl can act like that over and over honestly its no fun at all no matter what rider it is thats not even the point, the point is its disingenuous so it instantly becomes just yeah.... Ignore was a posetive sign of relief much better to talk with people who are objective, then its fun:)

Nvm that it says it all and done and dusted its far more fun to see where hes at after this sierra nevada camp, far more interesting hopefully for him he can counter Liege after last years missfortunes at there.

Last edited:
@mou got out of prison😉 I'm a hero and not a criminal, pozz for all real and true fans of Pogacar and soon the storm that I talked about all February will start, this time that I was detained I realized that 90% of people here have nothing smart to write , you don't even know how to joke honestly and bring a little fire to this thread, while I was gone you wrote such nonsense and only 5 pages in 7-8 days,, without me, who is always in the mood to make fireworks, this thread would have been clinically dead...

@mou got out of prison😉 I'm a hero and not a criminal, pozz for all real and true fans of Pogacar and soon the storm that I talked about all February will start, this time that I was detained I realized that 90% of people here have nothing smart to write , you don't even know how to joke honestly and bring a little fire to this thread, while I was gone you wrote such nonsense and only 5 pages in 7-8 days,, without me, who is always in the mood to make fireworks, this thread would have been clinically dead...
So the first thing you do after walking out of the slammer is to start demeaning (whether done tongue/in-cheek or not) other posters? Curious strategy.

Are you the Rock in real life?

Looks like Covi taking Vine’s spot for the Giro team. Super weak team UAE sending to support Pogacar.

Good team for be pulling all day on the flats and easy hills. But in the mountains…
Wish Del toro or Jan Christen would get the chance and let em gain experience but perhaps to early. They wont make the tour team so vuelta if not but i do believe Del Toro would have been better than Covi.

Welcome back Mou! Cant wait for you to give us some information about how it is going on with the GOAT and his preparations for the main objectives this season. Again, nice to have you back.

Wish Del toro or Jan Christen would get the chance and let em gain experience but perhaps to early. They wont make the tour team so vuelta if not but i do believe Del Toro would have been better than Covi.
Del Toro listed for Giro della Romagna (one-day race) and Vuelta Asturias. Then he will probably have a break, I reckon. Raced a lot this spring.

Christen did Amstel but seems to be it for him this Ardennes-week. He just did it straight after Giro d'Abruzzo, tbf. He will do Romandie next week. Home race?

LBL seems like a race that could suit Morgado as well.

The depth UAE has with all these great talents is incredible.

Looks like Covi taking Vine’s spot for the Giro team. Super weak team UAE sending to support Pogacar.

Good team for be pulling all day on the flats and easy hills. But in the mountains…
I reckon someone like Molano could still be swapped for someone else. Maybe Sivakov. He looks to be in good shape.

Covi in 2021-2022 had good climbing performances, if he can reach that level he could be solid.

Grosschartner + Majka are good.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Sivakov is also very strong but i think the plan is hes going to the tour. IF hes not going to the tour suddenly its very strange hes not doing the giro as hes very strong and would be immensely helpful but I do think hes planned for the Tour.

Grosschartner + Majka (far from Majka of old) are good enough neither is really good relative to others but good enough i guess for Teddy but still would loved to see Del toro would also be a great experience for his development

I reckon someone like Molano could still be swapped for someone else. Maybe Sivakov. He looks to be in good shape.

Covi in 2021-2022 had good climbing performances, if he can reach that level he could be solid.

Grosschartner + Majka are good.

Sivakov would be a great add-on..

Molano and Olivera is on attitude camp in Columbia. So I think they are pretty sure going!
But agree taking Molano to the Giro make zero sense.

Long time ago Covi showed anything close to good enough!

Sivakov would be a great add-on..

Molano and Olivera is on attitude camp in Columbia. So I think they are pretty sure going!
But agree taking Molano to the Giro make zero sense.

Long time ago Covi showed anything close to good enough!
I wouldnt be surprised if Molano ends up only going Vuelta, like in the last three years, but we will see.

Covi has had health issues, but it can turn around. He was pretty decent as a dom in T-A and MSR, if I am not mistaken. 7th in Murcia.

He has not had many chances to ride for himself but he could not be far off. They probably know more if they are adding him to the Giro, I am assuming.