• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 521 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
These discussions fly out of control so quickly— all Blanco said was it was something Bala used to, so maybe (as a question) Pogacar does too. No mention of either’s performances. But soon folks (not even looking at the poster names) folks are protesting you can’t compare Pogacar to Valverde, Valverde not a top 10 whatever. Obviously, everyone uses this forum for whatever they want to say, I’m always a but surprised (I shouldn’t be by this point) about how quickly discussions go off the rails in another direction.

Last edited:
These discussions fly out of control so quickly— all Blanco said was it was something Bala used to, so maybe (as a question) Pogacar does too. No mention of either’s performances. But soon folks (not even looking at the poster names) folks are protesting you can compare Pogacar to Valverde, Valverde not a top 10 whatever. Obviously, everyone uses this forum for whatever they want to say, I’m a look ways a but surprised (I shouldn’t be by this point) about how quickly discussions go off the rails in another direction.
BALA! BALA! BALA!!!!

These discussions fly out of control so quickly— all Blanco said was it was something Bala used to, so maybe (as a question) Pogacar does too. No mention of either’s performances. But soon folks (not even looking at the poster names) folks are protesting you can compare Pogacar to Valverde, Valverde not a top 10 whatever. Obviously, everyone uses this forum for whatever they want to say, I’m a look ways a but surprised (I shouldn’t be by this point) about how quickly discussions go off the rails in another direction.
The nature of the beast i guess.

I just answered to what Pereyro said regarding Bala which was both quite funny but also true.

Reactions: Sciatic
This can only be blatant trolling... Pogacar is probably the best climber (or Vingegaard) since Pantani but you are comparing him with Valverde in handling altitude. One is a 2 time Tour Winner, the other cried to get his podium (3rd place) after 182474785 tries...
Not or Vingegaard, but Vingegaard. The guy is beating him regularly for two years straight.
Contador was also a better climber than Pogacar.

Reactions: VayaVayaVaya
[deleted content]
What nonsense is thinking Pogi has troubles in handling altitude. There is Vingegaard, the only rider we can say is probably better than Vingegaard. If we exclude Vingegaard, tell me one rider (or ask @Blanco ) better or as good as Pogacar at altitude. If Pogi struggles at altitude, what to say about Hindley, Roglic, Remco, Thomas, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not or Vingegaard, but Vingegaard. The guy is beating him regularly for two years straight.
Contador was also a better climber than Pogacar.
Beat him in the Tour (where it matters and there you have a point), not regularly! In other races, 2022 Tirreno and 2023 Paris Nice, Pogi was clearly better so don't say Pogi is getting beaten every time they clash in a stage race.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
What nonsense is thinking Pogi has troubles in handling altitude. There is Vingegaard, the only rider we can say is probably better than Vingegaard. If we exclude Vingegaard, tell me one rider (or ask @Blanco ) better or as good as Pogacar at altitude. If Pogi struggles at altitude, what to say about Hindley, Roglic, Remco, Thomas, etc?
Its just the same guy with the same narrative over and over dont bother. Its a reason hes in here all the time saying it over and over just put him on mute is my suggestion, its like congratz Vingegaard beat a injured Pog but refusing to focus on when not injured, its whatever at that point. My experience was also it always the same two guys starting it wont go into details why i think that but someone told me mute button is really effective. Just a friendly tip.

Its just the same guy with the same narrative over and over dont bother. Its a reason hes in here all the time saying it over and over just put him on mute is my suggestion, its like congratz Vingegaard beat a injured Pog but refusing to focus on when not injured, its whatever at that point. My experience was also it always the same two guys starting it wont go into details why i think that but someone told me mute button is really effective. Just a friendly tip.
I guess you know that very well. I mean you're here for a long time, it will be a full month in 15 days...

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93
I remeber Valverde was doing similar thing, although that was because he couldn't handle the altitude. Maybe it's the same with Pogacar...
Pogacar said in a interview that he struggles in altitude, and he had two big humiliations in altitude who confirm that statement. La loze 2023 and Granon 2022. He even in 2020 lost time on La loze to MAL and Roglic.

Maybe ha had luck after what happened on Basque Country, because he can very well escaped from a bloodbath on La Bonette.

Last edited:
No, not even close, when compared to the celestial collapses that happen in some other threads!
Haha you got me cracking up there :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The thing about Pogacar is everyone knows hes the best rider in the world but for some very few people that irritate them for whatever reason, might not like the total domination.
But thats only cause its lost in the perspective of the magnitude of what a historic rider he is, simple as that.
Once in a lifetime.

Last edited:
These discussions fly out of control so quickly— all Blanco said was it was something Bala used to, so maybe (as a question) Pogacar does too. No mention of either’s performances. But soon folks (not even looking at the poster names) folks are protesting you can’t compare Pogacar to Valverde, Valverde not a top 10 whatever. Obviously, everyone uses this forum for whatever they want to say, I’m always a but surprised (I shouldn’t be by this point) about how quickly discussions go off the rails in another direction.

Sometimes those (unnecessary) escalations remind me on situation that Ljubljana mental asylum had some 30 years ago. When director of asylum was interviewed he was asked question how they handle the situation of having two Napoleon's inside. He replied: "It is easy. We just have to make sure they don't meet."

It is impossible to apply this kind of "strategy" in modern days of social media.

Sometimes those (unnecessary) escalations remind me on situation that Ljubljana mental asylum had some 30 years ago. When director of asylum was interviewed he was asked question how they handle the situation of having two Napoleon's inside. He replied: "It is easy. We just have to make sure they don't meet."

It is impossible to apply this kind of "strategy" in modern days of social media.
The Pogacar thread is like a marriage where both the man and wife want to be the star.

Reactions: Lui98 and Miha81
Haha you got me cracking up there :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The thing about Pogacar is everyone knows hes the best rider in the world but for some very few people that irritate them for whatever reason, might not like the total domination.
But thats only cause its lost in the perspective of the magnitude of what a historic rider he is, simple as that.
Once in a lifetime.
I think this is a very good post and you are making some really interesting points. Especially about how some people just seem to be irritated for no reason. He is just the greatest. Once in a lifetime, indeed. Will be very interesting to follow the rest of his season and what he can achieve.