• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 551 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I woulda loved to see Del Toro at the giro but duo to the schedule he has its not feasible I get that. I guess Vuelta is in the cards for him and more Gt's next year. That guy will be incredible I think. Just going out on a limb and i think he might surpass Ayuso really fast. Anyway Pogacar coulda needed his skills already this year but makes sense with the schedule but still woulda loved to see him.

Also make sense for Pog as I suspect even in training mode noone will be able to follow him in the mountains so a more focus on roulers make sense which they have deployed and gone for here, also the route is less mountains anyway and their clearly saving the best guys for the Tour (minus Bjerg), which also align with what they said about he riding it more as a ''training'' and coming out stronger and fresher if all goes duo to their plan which it rarely does in the chaos of what a GT usually brings.

Last edited:
Reactions: hayneplane
I'd set the o/u at 4,5. If he's comfortably in the lead by week 3 he might gift every moutain stage to the break though.
Yeah 4.5 seems the most natural over/under to me, although at the same time it feels ridiculously conservative. He won *** 4 stages in Catalunya.

I've also never seen Pogacar gift anything outside of .1 races to teammates, so it feels like we're finally gonna see how greedy Pog is.

But I guess gifting to the break is different than gifting to a direct competitor when the stage is right there.

Yeah 4.5 seems the most natural over/under to me, although at the same time it feels ridiculously conservative. He won *** 4 stages in Catalunya.

I've also never seen Pogacar gift anything outside of .1 races to teammates, so it feels like we're finally gonna see how greedy Pog is.

But I guess gifting to the break is different than gifting to a direct competitor when the stage is right there.

After dominating first part of the race (at least 3 stage wins before the first rest day) UAE wont be making big efforts to chase breaks and Pog will be saving himself a bit for the Tour. Maybe Pog will want to win one more big stage in the second half.