Question Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's about time we address Pogacars remarkable rise since he joined UAE in 2019.

His first season as a junior wasn't anything special, but we have to remember that he was born later in year (September) which is a disadvantage at that age.
In his second season he definitely proved his talent by winning the Giro della Lunigiana.
However, in the entire season he only won two stages and never put any distance on his competitors.
His time trial abilities were less impressive. A 25th and 68th spot.

His first season as a U23 rider wasn't too great either.
He won a few youth jerseys, but didn't record a single stage win.

His second season was definitely better, but still hit and miss.
He won the Tour de l'Avenir, but didn't record a stage win.
He also finished 7th at the WC road race.
Promising, but not exceptional.

Then he moved to UAE. Its CEO is Mauro Gianetti, possibly the dirtiest rider and sports director in history.
Suddenly he started to win stage races (Algarve, California, and individual mountain stages in the Vuelta against the likes of Valverde and Roglic.
He also became a much better time trialist beating Mohoric and Tratnik in the Slovenian championship.

Give me a break.

Reactions: vanderbob
Hahahahaha this is great, uae and maxtin does not give a ***, seems like the uci have let things be more free for all instead of one superior team while other teams got warnings (postal, sky)

No way he gets busted ever unless something leaks to the media, im sure he tests positive a few times a year, to much bad press if he did get caught.
Christ ,the stupidity in clinic is to much for me

Last edited:
May 29, 2021
no, its not, Slovenia is NOT part of the Balkans, shame on Dutch schools if they taught you so

Look kiddo, I understand that you get very angry because people are questioning your local Lance boy(btw that is the reason of this section if you dont like it dont come) and to be fair everybody must be presumed innocent until the contrary is demonstrated, no matter how Pantani-esque the performance may be, but you have to stop with the charade , you are embarrassing yourself.

Go,read Slavo> https://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jii/4750978.0006.202/--spectre-of-balkan?rgn=main;view=fulltext

Yes, you dont like to be grouped with those "serbs/croats/macedonians" yuk!!, the same way the Serbs dont like to be grouped with the Moldovans, but guess what? Tough luck, everybody considers a FRY country as culturally Balkan and "eastern-european" . People will group Ljubljana with Zagreb, Belgrade, Kiev or Lublin not with Madrid, Amsterdam,Milan or London. When people in the "west" were dealing with John Mayor, Mitterrand or Felipe Gonzalez you have to somehow directly or indirectly deal with Milosevic and before him with Tito, it doesnt get more "Balkan " than that.

BTW I dont know what is your desire to be grouped with the "west" or with a fictional mittel-Europa (as if you have more in common with the Hungarians, Austrians and Germans than with the Croats and Serbs) , be proud of who you are , instead of wishing to be in the same group with the Italians and the English.

And yet it still doesn't explain why Bardet can suddenly follow a pace that according to himself, is higher than previous years, when he wasn't able to follow.
He's doping. same as Podge and Rodge, and Bernal, and Landa, and Porte, and Mollema, and Quintana, and Uran, and Yates and Martin. They're all on the same programme. Isn't that obvious from what's being said by folk here? Only thing I find odd about that is Mollema seems to be the only dom in on the programme.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
masking_agent The Clinic 8

ASK THE COMMUNITY