• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 84 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is Pogacar making a mockery of the sport to a certain extent ? He's animating all the big single day races ? Taking away from the "rouleurs" or the "hard men of the sport" who specialize in the one day classics ?

How can one body sustain this ? Obviously we know he's on something that only a few are on , and we have no David Walsh -like reporter to pursue him, so he just will continue to dominate the headlines.

Then we have past tour winners who are putting in 7 hours a day in Canary Islands complaining about disc brakes, but cannot even come close to Tadej's form ? C'mon ?

Is Pogacar making a mockery of the sport to a certain extent ? He's animating all the big single day races ? Taking away from the "rouleurs" or the "hard men of the sport" who specialize in the one day classics ?

How can one body sustain this ? Obviously we know he's on something that only a few are on , and we have no David Walsh -like reporter to pursue him, so he just will continue to dominate the headlines.

Then we have past tour winners who are putting in 7 hours a day in Canary Islands complaining about disc brakes, but cannot even come close to Tadej's form ? C'mon ?
If Geraint Thomas can become a GC climber, it isn't intrinsically more preposterous for somebody like Pogačar to become a Northern Classics man. In fact it's probably less, because Pogačar is doing this before the age of 30.

David 'nutella' Walsh?

Apart from the doping speculations, he actually is a "hard man of the sport," a killer.
Don't let his calm, boyish demeanour fool you. He is a ruthless assassin.

• Haha
Reactions: F_Cance
Just watched the race highlights. Definitely laughing in our faces. Mtn goat climber who now has as much power on cobbles as a horse-man with a CX and MTB skillset? C'mon now. It just isn't believable.

And, every time I'm reminded Thomas won the TdF I'm in awe. It seems like it didn't really happen, too crazy that a big, heavy former trackie did that. Good lord.

Love the guy. A true warrior. Wants to race, and wants to win what he races. Not your normal GT rider. He has so much power and I hope he sweeps the table clear the coming years.

And I don't think he is doping. He is perhaps eating more bio vegetables and drinks a special coffee blend.

Go Pog!
Whatever is in that orange soda can he’s always drinking must be the real secret. I even saw him crack one open halfway through Flanders.

Just watched the race highlights. Definitely laughing in our faces. Mtn goat climber who now has as much power on cobbles as a horse-man with a CX and MTB skillset? C'mon now. It just isn't believable.

And, every time I'm reminded Thomas won the TdF I'm in awe. It seems like it didn't really happen, too crazy that a big, heavy former trackie did that. Good lord.

Wait until 'G' is back and winning PR

Apr 10, 2022
Visit site
I think we have a case of mechanical doping here. That what it looks like anyway.
But we now also have (IMO strong) visual evidence from the Tour of Flanders, when Pogacar crashes early in the race. Check this out, from 11min 43, for 20 seconds. Watch the crazy, unnatural spin on the rear wheel. My bike certainly doesnt that!! Now this is my opinion of course. ..I'm just throwing it out here. But I also think we must be super critical concerning this guy.
so here we go:

I think we have a case of mechanical doping here. That what it looks like anyway.
But we now also have (IMO strong) visual evidence from the Tour of Flanders, when Pogacar crashes early in the race. Check this out, from 11min 43, for 20 seconds. Watch the crazy, unnatural spin on the rear wheel. My bike certainly doesnt that!! Now this is my opinion of course. ..I'm just throwing it out here. But I also think we must be super critical concerning this guy.
so here we go:

Didn't that guy just spin pedals to put the chain onto a sprocket?
If Pogi had lost despite a motor then he's slower than my grandma.

• Haha
Reactions: StryderHells
so here we go:
So when a mechanic turns the pedals the wheel spins? That's a motor? He's running a motor in the first part of the race while riding in the pack?

Uh...I don't buy clean Pogačar for a second, but come on.

I don't know. When you have a Valverde at 42 dropping him on Mur de huy then it seems pretty legit.

That was irony.

These guys are not getting caught because we have entered an era in cycling where there is enough money that it doesn't make sense to uncover these stories any longer.

It's all politics and media, and no one wins with the doping stories. Everyone seems to be agreeing on that.

I like Pog, i really do. But he is doping. No doubt imo.

TRENDING THREADS