• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Taylor Phinney crash......

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Compassion.. He had a minor bump, that was minor enough he rode home, he then chatted to a doctor on skype and was fine. Hes got a bit of a headache.

Thats the kind of accident that the average cyclist has. Its barely worth a press release, its certainly not worth an entire thread.

Whatever next. Phinney grazes his knee, Phinney sneezes, Phinney cuts finger opening tin of beans.

Its situations like this when every little thing about rider x is newsworthy is enough to put me off the kid.

When I posted here I was going to post something like this but I stopped myself... but TSF is in attack TP mode already :D

+2132132132

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
mwbyrd said:
Any updates on Taylor? He seems to have disappeared. Is he hurt more than originally suspected?

He's been riding at a mini training camp in Tuscany (Quarrat) with Max Sciandri and occaisionally with Jonny Bellis (Saxo Bank) & other British riders from the area.

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
theswordsman said:
I'm having serious concerns for his health as a road racer. Either last year or the year before, he had a crash that broke his helmet because it got between his head and the pavement. He posted the picture on twitter at the time.
He's young, he still has a year or two to learn how to stay upright on a bike.

Maybe he should tweet less.

thehog said:
He's an amazing rider. CyclingNews and other publications need to write more articles on him.

I witnessed his Mother's 1984 Olympic road Gold, rode to the race.

That's the Bling U gotta get TP. 2012 and beyond.

Forget the Tour, likely worse than a concussion wrt long term health.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
He's getting in some good training and miles. He has no need to rush...FGS he's only 20...plenty of time to develop...hopefully injury-free. :)

No Rush? Damn right there's a rush... he's in my CQ Ranking Manager team and he has a grand total of NO points! He needs to get his sorry little concussed all american *ss back on that bike and race... now!

Get well soon Ice T :p

TRENDING THREADS