• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tchmil Implies Menchov was Doping?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
You don't have to be an idiot to sign, but it's an abuse. In other fields, many workers have to agree to outrageous conditions just to get the job, and this isn't different.

+1

After an initial hesitation McEwen did sign after he had (rightfully IMO) sought legal advice.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the sweat-shop.

It may beat digging coal, but the man still owns your *ss.

Contracts. Stipulations. Non-performance based stipends. Rules?

F*ck me! This sport is starting to look more and more feudal every day.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
you would still have to be pretty stupid to sign without seeking legal advice and I think other posters are right in saying that the clause cannot be activated

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Wasn't Menchov the guy who got dropped by Cancellara during the supposed "Electric Motor" controversy?

cancellara_ronde_flanders_2010.jpg

Yeah I can clearly see the switch in that picture. I guess Menchovs "Electric Motor" was clearly outdated.

Tchmil probably has the beef with Menchov for not climbing onboard with the "perfectly standard contract".

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, it looks like Menchov agrees with the title of the thread!

According to the CyclingNews article linked above, it looks like Menchov agrees with the premise of this thread -- namely that Tchmil implied Menchov dopes. So now Menchov is threatening legal action.

So now that has been settled, the question becomes "Does Tchmil know about Menchov's doping, or is Tchmil making up stories for some unknown reason?"

When I read the interview with Tchmil, I was not left with the impression of someone making up stories. Whereas when I read the latest threats from Menchov to sue, it sounds like the normal "I have never doped but I'll have to think about whether I will actually sue" horse manure that all the dopers say.

I'm just sayin', that's all.

If you think Menchov is clean, let me know and tell me why. I'm open to opposing arguments.

ricara said:
According to the CyclingNews article linked above, it looks like Menchov agrees with the premise of this thread -- namely that Tchmil implied Menchov dopes. So now Menchov is threatening legal action.

So now that has been settled, the question becomes "Does Tchmil know about Menchov's doping, or is Tchmil making up stories for some unknown reason?"

When I read the interview with Tchmil, I was not left with the impression of someone making up stories. Whereas when I read the latest threats from Menchov to sue, it sounds like the normal "I have never doped but I'll have to think about whether I will actually sue" horse manure that all the dopers say.

I'm just sayin', that's all.

If you think Menchov is clean, let me know and tell me why. I'm open to opposing arguments.

Is this like Pat McQuaid taking legal action against Floyd?

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it more a case of Tchmil suggesting that Menchov get more ethical and credible representation than his current agent? It didn't appear to be a direct attack at Menchov but at his agent's handling of their "negotiations".

That's the conclusion but the rest is clearly about Menchov.

It is a bit hard to understand why Menchov signed with Geox for less money (per Tschmill), with a DS who almost killed himself doping on PFC, and of Ricco/Mayo "fame"...not to mention the hideous jersey!

A

Anonymous

In other news, Tchmil reveals that not only is the world round, but that water is wet.

TRENDING THREADS