• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF Abandons

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

[*]
Escarabajo said:
Gigs_98 said:
AlexNYC said:
Dowsett arrived injured today. Hopefully it's not bad enough to cause him to exit the Tour as Movistar need him for the TTT.
If he abandons that would be a disaster for quintana
I won't matter if he is really hurt anyway!
he has some time to recover so if it isn't bad enough to abandon he will probably be very helpful in the TTT

Re:

Moviestar said:
Really a big blunder to have the TTT after such hectic stages. Tomorrow will be another battlefield with crashes. Orica already has 6 riders left, so it means they could only lose one rider in the difficult TTT, impossible!
I have wondered before and again now: what if a team doesn't have enough riders to qualify in the TTT? Do they just need everyone, whether that's five or four or even less?

Vasilis said:
Moviestar said:
Really a big blunder to have the TTT after such hectic stages. Tomorrow will be another battlefield with crashes. Orica already has 6 riders left, so it means they could only lose one rider in the difficult TTT, impossible!
I have wondered before and again now: what if a team doesn't have enough riders to qualify in the TTT? Do they just need everyone, whether that's five or four or even less?

As I understand it, if the team has less than five members left, the last rider home counts for the time.

Zinoviev Letter said:
Vasilis said:
Moviestar said:

As I understand it, if the team has less than five members left, the last rider home counts for the time.

The TDF rulebook says:

For the team classification, the time of the 5th man on each team is recorded 5 times. In the event where a team no longer has at least 5 riders, those remaining in the race are required to complete the course within the permitted finishing time provided for in Article 22 (Coefficient 6).

Article 22 is just the cut-off times for each stage, so basically having fewer than five riders is fine. The UCI say you must have at least 2 riders for a TTT, although amusingly they also say you can have as many as 10 - what race would that be?!

Eagle said:
del1962 said:
Always worried to here that Dowsett is bleeding with his condition, hope he is strong for TTT
Some pictures of his cut before and after getting it stitched up, it looks horrible. Hope he is OK now that it is stitched up
https://twitter.com/CyclismCycling

It also kind of looks like he took some damage to his right foot here

600-PIC546174303.jpg

TRENDING THREADS