• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF Abandons

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Sepulveda DQ

"At the top of Col de l'Escrinet, he broke his chain and was rescued by the AG2R team, who gave him a wheel thinking that was the problem. He was hidden by the car and I didn't see him. I stopped 100 metres further up and Eduardo, instead of coming to the car on foot, covered the 100 metres on the backseat of the AG2R car. There is nothing to say. The rules applied."

Looks like the list needs some updating - apart from Sepulveda, Morabito and Sinkeldam also abandoned after stage 14.
Stage 12: Dowsett, Dempster
Stage 11: Taaramae, Gastauer, Vansummeren, Benatti, Nerz, Costa.
Stage 9: Boom, Basso
All others have been mentioned.

Re: Re:

JRanton said:
Sky'sthelimit said:
Peter Kennaugh out, hardly surprising not going to impact Froome's protection a great deal. Shame he could not finish the race.

Kennaugh is a very inconsistent rider. Not someone you want to rely on as a domestique. Hopefully there won't be a huge outcry when he likely isn't selected next year.

He's sick,suffering from a respiratory illness for some days.

Sam Bennett gone too. Hopefully he'll learn from the experience. He knew he was in bad shape coming in, some choice quotes in this interview http://www.the42.ie/sam-bennett-tour-de-france-2231415-Jul2015/:

Four or five days ago I started urinating blood because I was throwing the bike around so much trying to hang on and I damaged something. That was one problem and then on Tuesday’s rest day I got a really bad virus and was in bed with all my clothes on under the quilt in 30 degree heat and I just slept 18 hours. I couldn’t even walk down to the dinner table I was so ***.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
I think the only teams with nine riders left are Jumbo, IAM, MTN, and Europcar. Probably the two weakest WT teams and two wildcards.

IAM have lost Jerome Coppel, and Meintjes pulled out this morning. So just Europcar and Lotto Jumbo.

TRENDING THREADS