• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF Team lineups

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
mowie133 said:
wrost team in the tour by far...sooner there kicked out of the our the better.. same with Lampre,they offer so little to the tour :cool:
Huh? They look like a team that will be all over the place in the medium mountain stages, especially now that Voeckler will be wearing the French national champion jersey. I bet you'll see a lot of these guys. Hell, I'm going to call it now: Vogondy will take a stage victory!

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Huh? They look like a team that will be all over the place in the medium mountain stages, especially now that Voeckler will be wearing the French national champion jersey. I bet you'll see a lot of these guys. Hell, I'm going to call it now: Vogondy will take a stage victory!

they haven't had a GC rider for years or a sprinter..there dead weight in the tour...only chance is when the big teams give them the left overs...

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Climbing said:
It seems they are completely devoted to Basso.
He must feel very very good.

why wouldn't they be? He is their top rider and their best chance of a high GC placing. An undisputed team leader is a prerequisite at GT's to avoid the crap that goes on with split leadership.

Unlike Menchov last year who was dismal at the Tour after taking out the Giro, I think Basso will do pretty well.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
mowie133 said:
they haven't had a GC rider for years or a sprinter..there dead weight in the tour...only chance is when the big teams give them the left overs...

BBox is dead weight? Have you seen the Footon-Serveto lineup? Also, plenty of teams don't have GC riders, but they still make an impact at the tour. I think they could win one or two stages with Rolland, Gautier, Voeckler, and especially Vogondy. Wether or not they win a stage, BBox riders will be attacking all over the place, how is that not contributing?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
bobkes-beef-showpage.jpg_314.jpg

what does this guy do at the tour for versus as he was there last year?

I love this pic of Bobke, he looks like a rat.:D

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
ericthesportsman6 said:
BBox is dead weight? Have you seen the Footon-Serveto lineup? Also, plenty of teams don't have GC riders, but they still make an impact at the tour. I think they could win one or two stages with Rolland, Gautier, Voeckler, and especially Vogondy. Wether or not they win a stage, BBox riders will be attacking all over the place, how is that not contributing?

didn't say they had to have a gc rider..judt that haven't had one or even a sprinter..they onl want air time an attack.that brings nothing to the race..out of the millions who watch the race how many would be looking foward to watching them ride the tour ...about 20 people... an when they do win they win in a boring break away wheb all teams can't be bothed chaseing these c grade riders down cose there 9 hours behind :rolleyes:

SpartacusRox said:
why wouldn't they be? He is their top rider and their best chance of a high GC placing. An undisputed team leader is a prerequisite at GT's to avoid the crap that goes on with split leadership.

Unlike Menchov last year who was dismal at the Tour after taking out the Giro, I think Basso will do pretty well.

+1 agree SpartacusRox,Looks like Rabobank could have some problems about leadership?Menchov or Gesink?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
blaxland said:
+1 agree SpartacusRox,Looks like Rabobank could have some problems about leadership?Menchov or Gesink?

Dual leadership, was explained by the DS in today's Telegraaf, he thinks both could finish within the top 3. But as long as Gesink and Boom get to their level, the tour will already be different for Rabo than last year

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Ummm... Rolland will finish top30, maybe even top20.

Allan Davis has done absolutely nothing this season, surely you're not being serious?

hahaha top 30 funny man :rolleyes: an yes i am if he had a team ride for him like at wuickstep he would finish top 10 each sprint in the tour...but no they have c grade french riders

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
They are still in due to the 2008 agreement.

Not to mention that if there was no agreement, they'd easily get in ahead of Quickstep, as they tend to do more, both in terms of results and of making the racing more exciting.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
mowie133 said:
hahaha top 30 funny man :rolleyes: an yes i am if he had a team ride for him like at wuickstep he would finish top 10 each sprint in the tour...but no they have c grade french riders

Maybe the question is why Allan Davis is taking a backseat to what you call "c grade French riders". Maybe the other question is how much you actually know about cycling, but I'm starting to think the answer to that is obvious.

Anyway. I'd much, much, much rather see a crazy Frenchman of choice win on 14 Juillet. I'd much, much, much rather see Titi Voeckler go bonkers in the mountains now that he's got his French jersey. I'd much, much, much rather have someone at the Tour who's capable of winning a stage in Dauphiné (Vogondy).

All those things trump someone who managed to win two GT stages once - in the Vuelta at that - back in 2005. Who cares if a second-rate sprinter is there to spend half the race in the grupetto and finish somewhere in the back end of the top 10.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
issoisso said:
Not to mention that if there was no agreement, they'd easily get in ahead of Quickstep, as they tend to do more, both in terms of results and of making the racing more exciting.

And they're French and have the French champion

mowie133 said:

Why did he go back to Astana (a GC team) then?

Last year Rolland (BBox) had a better GC result than the following teams:

Milram
Agritube
Caisse d'Epargne
Cofidis
Euskatel-Euskadi
Rabobank
Lampre
Skil-Shimano

Only Astana, THR and SaxoBank won more stages than BBox last year.

Which teams do you think should be in this year's Tour de France if BBox, Cofidis, Milram, Footon and Lampre were not invited?

Edit: Why am I wasting my time, this guy thought CJ Sutton was still at Slipstream........................

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Why did he go back to Astana (a GC team) then?

Last year Rolland (BBox) had a better GC result than the following teams:

Milram
Agritube
Caisse d'Epargne
Cofidis
Euskatel-Euskadi
Rabobank
Lampre
Skil-Shimano

Only Astana, THR and SaxoBank won more stages than BBox last year.

Which teams do you think should be in this year's Tour de France if BBox, Cofidis, Milram, Footon and Lampre were not invited?

Edit: Why am I wasting my time, this guy thought CJ Sutton was still at Slipstream........................

:rolleyes: gezzz guess your going to like a c grade team when you have a c grade brain. went back to ride with his brother duhh.smart enough to no the small crap teams are a waste of time..
i like reading this on wiki, On 29 September 2009 Bbox Bouygues Telecom along with Cofidis were not allowed to renew their ProTour licenses due to poor results lol you three are so right they are a good team,

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
Maybe the question is why Allan Davis is taking a backseat to what you call "c grade French riders". Maybe the other question is how much you actually know about cycling, but I'm starting to think the answer to that is obvious.

Anyway. I'd much, much, much rather see a crazy Frenchman of choice win on 14 Juillet. I'd much, much, much rather see Titi Voeckler go bonkers in the mountains now that he's got his French jersey. I'd much, much, much rather have someone at the Tour who's capable of winning a stage in Dauphiné (Vogondy).

All those things trump someone who managed to win two GT stages once - in the Vuelta at that - back in 2005. Who cares if a second-rate sprinter is there to spend half the race in the grupetto and finish somewhere in the back end of the top 10.

haha can so tell you all have your head up your butts if you think they bring alot to the tour...that's why they can't get sponsers an any big names ;) davis is better then the hole riders list at bbox..just you guys have your eyes shut cose you haven't watched him closely..

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
tgsgirl said:

more then you think..but i ain't gonig to brag about which team i help out with...an i just no they shouldn't be at the tour..as the team i work with will replace them next twos or so ain't to worryed... oh how flogs forget so fast just last year tour of italy with davis :rolleyes:

mowie133 said:
:rolleyes: gezzz guess your going to like a c grade team when you have a c grade brain. went back to ride with his brother duhh.smart enough to no the small crap teams are a waste of time..

Actually, Allan Davis signed before Scott Davis, it was in fact the other way around.

Alby is mates with Contador from their LS days so was always going to get signed, Scott came after Alby signed and probably only to keep Allan happy. Afterall, Scott is one of these "c grade riders" you speak of so never guaranteed a PT contract.