• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF Tipping Comp

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
A few weeks ago I sent details of a tipping comp to numerous posters about how to enter it. I apologise f anyone found that a bit intrusive. A few posters have already joined this comp but I was wondering if anybody would like to enter a TDF tipping comp?

Here are the details to the TDF OZTIPS CYCLINGNEWS TIPPING COMP. If you would like to join follow these steps.

1. Click onto the link Oztips

2. Find the "New to Oztips" box and click register.

3. Enter details in, all are kept private unless you wish to disclose. Use your username that you have in the forum.

4. Once you have made your account, on your account page, click " Join a comp". Once you have clicked on that, enter the comp number which is "231407" and the competition password which is "cadelevans2010".

The hit "join comp". Make sure you familiarise yourselves with the comp rules.

You must tip at least by 5 minutes before stage starts (sorry can't help that.)

I will send you a reminder via PM to remind you to tip once before the tour and then the site will remind you.

Any questions, PM me as the email address is not mine.

Thanks,
ACF94

This is something different to Teamskyfans thing as it is a "tipping comp". If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me. Sorry about the late notice but you have to join up before the tdf starts!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
You can only pick the winning teams?

Considering the number of tour-games I entered I'm not sure I'll see this through to the end.

A

Anonymous

I would, but im not very good at these things that require daily input. I get bored after about 2 days and stop tipping (especially if im losing, i get disheartened easily). Im more of a create a team and forget about it kinda guy

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Please don't insult me even further by making an excuse why you can't enter. If you don't want to you could of at least replied to me when I originally sent the PM to you all because I wanted to start up a bit of fun. Yes I know I go over the top but I am doing this because I thought it would be interesting to see who is the best.

It is interesting how everyone enters Teamskyfans competition but not mine when I started it ages ago. I will just delete it if you want?

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Please don't insult me even further by making an excuse why you can't enter. If you don't want to you could of at least replied to me when I originally sent the PM to you all because I wanted to start up a bit of fun. Yes I know I go over the top but I am doing this because I thought it would be interesting to see who is the best.

It is interesting how everyone enters Teamskyfans competition but not mine when I started it ages ago. I will just delete it if you want?

oh calm down mate. I never notice i have pm's cos they dont pop up. If it makes you feel better i will enter. Stop being paranoid. Just things that need daily thought i tend to forget after a few days. Im busy working, packing the house up to move and getting ready for holiday :D (we go to paris on the 23rd, get back on the 2nd and move 400 miles on the 8th.. all a bit hectic)

stop feeling picked on

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
oh calm down mate. I never notice i have pm's cos they dont pop up. If it makes you feel better i will enter. Stop being paranoid. Just things that need daily thought i tend to forget after a few days. Im busy working, packing the house up to move and getting ready for holiday :D (we go to paris on the 23rd, get back on the 2nd and move 400 miles on the 8th.. all a bit hectic)

stop feeling picked on

Not directing at you! You don't have to enter as you will be busy but my posts were deleted on the tdf presntations thread when they were hardly worse than anyone elses.:mad:

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Please don't insult me even further by making an excuse why you can't enter.

Too bad because here come my excuses:

1. What dim said.

TeamSkyFans said:
Im more of a create a team and forget about it kinda guy

2. With shift work I'm always sleeping or working at the wrong times.

3. I wasn't cool enough to get on your original invite list so I'm going to pack up my dungeons and dragons game and leave the dance.

4. WTF is tipping anyway? You kiwis are weird.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Too bad because here come my excuses:

1. What dim said.

2. With shift work I'm always sleeping or working at the wrong times.

3. I wasn't cool enough to get on your original invite list so I'm going to pack up my dungeons and dragons game and leave the dance.

4. WTF is tipping anyway? You kiwis are weird.

2. You can enter all your tips at once!
3. I only PM'd certain people who I could remember at the time so I am sorry I forgot you.
4. I am not a Kiwi and tipping is a term of making predictions on something which is used in sport.

btw, if you want to enter get in NOW!

TRENDING THREADS