• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDS Stage 8: Wetzikon → Liestal 179 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Rabo looks in control.

Danielson, Nordhaug and Casar just cannot quite make it back to the three in front, they are close though.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Six together at the front now, the gap looks to be enough to see them to the finish unless they really stop co-operating.

Gesink is running out of team-mates, if one of the top 10 attacks he might have to chase himself.

[edit]Actually he's got three now, he was down to two a while ago but I guess one was hiding in the peloton.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Jens! driving hard on this new escape, 2:17 is not completely impossible in 17km but it's a big ask, I think they will need the front group to start playing cat-and-mouse in order to have any chance.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Amets Txurruka making his trademark utterly hopeless late-race attack. He's dropped the rest of the group he was with like a stone but he has no chance of bridging to the leaders. Schleck driving the front of the peloton, trying to put Gesink in some discomfort and isolate him from his team.

A

Anonymous

Im losing interesting in this tour.. Dont know what it is, but the combination of Lance, the schlecks etc just bores the hell out of me.

I miss vino, basso, i even miss cuddles :(

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Saxo have a serious numbers advantage over Rabo in the main bunch now.

Rohas, Casar, Monfort and Costa together in the lead.

[edit]Wow, I'm impressed that Hushovd is still in the peloton. He has clearly ridden himself back in to some good form.

TeamSkyFans said:
Im losing interesting in this tour.. Dont know what it is, but the combination of Lance, the schlecks etc just bores the hell out of me.

I miss vino, basso, i even miss cuddles :(

I hope you aren't listening to Kirby on Eurosport, then. Talking about old style bursts and everyone worried about the grey ghost.

2 uncatagorised climbs to go.........

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
This is good fun racing.

Vanotti, Nordhaug and Danielson have caught back on to the leading quartet.

Gesink is having to mark all the moves himself now.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
This stage has been great. Japanese commentary a big plus. I can't make up my mind on who i think looks strongest from this lead group. Going to be a good finish i think.

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
I hope you aren't listening to Kirby on Eurosport, then. Talking about old style bursts and everyone worried about the grey ghost.

2 uncatagorised climbs to go.........

this stage is ok.. just the race as a whole.. i just, dunno, theres just something missing. Its not gripping me. And kirby isnt helping. I wonder if a belgian feed might be more exciting.

TRENDING THREADS