• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDS Stage 8: Wetzikon → Liestal 179 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Here's ACF's take

Mellow Velo said:
Forum equation 2: No BMC involved = No ACF posting blitz.= Boring forum watching an exciting race
No wonder else likes BMC!:D
Edited
Moose McKnuckles said:
Tour de Suisse = Tour de Boredom

teh suxxor
Seriously, what race have you been watching? I have found it very exciting.
TeamSkyFans said:
Im losing interesting in this tour.. Dont know what it is, but the combination of Lance, the schlecks etc just bores the hell out of me.

I miss vino, basso, i even miss cuddles :(
I understand, it is hard not to.:)
Barrus said:
Gesink pulling the entire peloton, really making this stage a great test for him
On a serious note, that means the pressure and effort gesink has made may take away from his tt performance. Stevy M will rip it up tonight.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Yep, I think I posted that too soon. Race was certainly more exciting after that.

the tt should be good. hoping for big performance from morabito as he has done well so far.

anyway, it was funny to hear from mike tomolaris that after lances performance on the 6th stage of the tds that he will have to change his podium for the tour.:D I guess gesink will now win the tour and steve morabito will podium as he rode away from him on the climb.:D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
the tt should be good. hoping for big performance from morabito as he has done well so far.

He's always been quite awful in the TT, so I doubt it.

Then again, he wasn't exactly a good climber before this race began, either, so I won't be surprised if he's "magically" become great at the TT too. Bah.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
He's always been quite awful in the TT, so I doubt it.

Then again, he wasn't exactly a good climber before this race began, either, so I won't be surprised if he's "magically" become great at the TT too. Bah.

He's always been a decent climber. Won a mtn stage in the tds and a stage in the sun tour to lake mountain (which is a tough climb) i think.

Finished 31st in the romandie tt. Hopefully with the tougher course that he can get through and hold for a podium. Uran is not a great tt'er so hopefully he can take him. Gesink said that armstrong and morabito were his big threats. It is steve's home race so he should be inspired.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Yep, I think I posted that too soon. Race was certainly more exciting after that.

Ok, here's the plan, before each stage of the Tour you'll confidently announce "This is going to be a total bore feast, nothing exciting will happen!". Then we'll all sit back and enjoy the fireworks that Karma will insure, it can't fail!*

* Wait dammit I think I just jinxed it. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS