• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
It would be beyond ridiculous if they don't take their riders' form into account.
Taking into account form, not so much. Physical state, yes. Apparently, Kwiatkowski was sick. That can be resolved in time. In fact, peak form is targeted for the 3rd week.

HelloDolly said:
janraaskalt2 said:
Oliwright said:
Last year only G from Sky's TDS team went to the tour.
I don't understand all the Tour team talk neither. Mishaps aside, the planning is to go to the Tour with the Dauphine team plus Thomas.

I don;t think that is necessarily true ....for instance I cannot see Kwait & Puccio doing the Tour....oh God I need to stop doing this :p

Agree.

janraaskalt2 said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
It would be beyond ridiculous if they don't take their riders' form into account.
Taking into account form, not so much. Physical state, yes. Apparently, Kwiatkowski was sick. That can be resolved in time. In fact, peak form is targeted for the 3rd week.

Not fo rKwait it isn't...he would need to be top from 1st week as not needed in the high mountains

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Kwiat will be a pretty important man in the tour for Sky. Even if he isn't at 100 percent.

You need riders like him, to be good at all terrains. He is strong on the flat stages. In the crosswinds. In the hilly ones. At the cobbles. He is good for positioning your leader for the hectic final in a medium stage, when Stanni and Rowe are in the gruppetto. He is explosive and can destroy a peloton in the first metres of a climb.
And he is a world-class downhill rider.

Maybe you need him only one time in the complete Tour, but at this moment he can win the Tour for you. You can send him off the road in a medium mountain stage and attack behind. A better helper for this situation you will never get. No Kiri, no Nieve. He is the better Roche.

At the prologue he showed a very good shape. Now he will have a week off the bike. Than a few days up Teide and 2 races at the national championships. I think he will be fine in the 2nd Tour week.

What a problem to have if your Dave:
Thomas-Paris-Nice champion, maybe TdS champion, Podium capable
Landa-Trentino Winner, GT podium, Podium capable
Henao-GT Top ten, Top ten capable
Poels-Liege winner, Valencia champion, Capable of stage wins
Kwaitkowski-E3 winner, Former world champion, Capable of top fifteen
Kiryienka-Reigning World Champion, Multiple GT stages, Can set tempo for days and possible stage winner
Nieve-GT Jersey, Multiple GT stage wins, Multiple top tens, Top ten capable
Roche-GT stage wins, Multiple top tens, Top twenty capable
Puccio-Former pink jersey, Excellent Flat lands domestique
Rowe-Monument Top ten, Excellent Flat lands domestique
Stannard-Mounment podium, Classics winner, Tank on a bike

Who are the eight?

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Team Sky ‏@TeamSky 20m

Here's our #TourOfSlovenia lineup! It's great to see @benatintxausti back in action. The race starts on Thursday.

Ck6oCtWWkAAdxd7.jpg

Moscon gets his first opportunity as a leader it seems.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

pablopaul said:
Team Sky ‏@TeamSky 20m

Here's our #TourOfSlovenia lineup! It's great to see @benatintxausti back in action. The race starts on Thursday.

Ck6oCtWWkAAdxd7.jpg

Great news, Moscon is an awesome talent!
13321758_1017559685002445_6262600425179676861_n.jpg

Hopefully the Tractor will do well.

rick james said:
b.broadhurst said:
rick james said:
So looking like Jon snow is in the Le tour team and maybe Roche doesn't make it?? So the mountain train will be Landa - Poels - Henao - Nieve - Thomas

Plus Kwia, Rowe & Stannard?
Rowe and stannard are dead certs, not sure about Kwiatkowski

Froome, Landa, Thomas, Poels, Henao, Nieve, Stannard and Rowe will be going. That leaves 1 spot up for grabs.

It looks like its between Kiri, Kwiatkowski, Roche and Puccio.

Pricey_sky said:
rick james said:
b.broadhurst said:
rick james said:
So looking like Jon snow is in the Le tour team and maybe Roche doesn't make it?? So the mountain train will be Landa - Poels - Henao - Nieve - Thomas

Plus Kwia, Rowe & Stannard?
Rowe and stannard are dead certs, not sure about Kwiatkowski

Froome, Landa, Thomas, Poels, Henao, Nieve, Stannard and Rowe will be going. That leaves 1 spot up for grabs.

It looks like its between Kiri, Kwiatkowski, Roche and Puccio.

Without a doubt the strongest team. I wouldn't touch Kwito, Roche or Kiri for me, preferably Roche.

Re:

rick james said:

I have been banging on about this for ages on here to much opposition

Mikkel Nieve was promised the Tour and is good enough a climber to be there ...

So Froome, Thomas , Poels, Landa, Nieve, Rowe, Stannard are certs now

I am guessing that Roche is not on team as his tweets have him climbing alone in the Alps ....strange if the rest are training together. Plus he is going to the nationals

So 2 from Kiry, Puccio & Heano

HelloDolly said:
Pricey_sky said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
I've picked up that Puccio and Froome are getting along great. Maybe something to keep in mind

Agree, that's why I included him in my 4 that are fighting for the final spot.

Not really an issue ...Froome gets on really well with Roche ...team is picked on form only ...Brailsford will pick who is required and not by personality

Brailsford said last year live on Sky when the 2015 Tour team was announced that as team leader Froome got a say in the line-up too, of course Brailsford has the final say.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

pablopaul said:
Team Sky ‏@TeamSky 20m

Ck6oCtWWkAAdxd7.jpg

What the heck is wrong with men's haircut these days?

TRENDING THREADS