• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
pablopaul said:
Team Sky ‏@TeamSky 20m

Here's our #TourOfSlovenia lineup! It's great to see @benatintxausti back in action. The race starts on Thursday.

Ck6oCtWWkAAdxd7.jpg

Moscon gets his first opportunity as a leader it seems.
What the heck is wrong with men's haircut these days?

?? :confused:

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

What I think Tour team will be

1-Froome - Leader
2-Landa - 2nd GC option offer explosiveness on the climbs
3-Thomas - All Rounder - Similar role to last year cant see him being as strong as Landa in the mountains, utilized more in flat / medium mountains
4-Poel - Climber - will consistently be with Froome in the mountains
5-Nieve - Climber
6-Roche - All Rounder - used extensively in medium mountains / flat
Kwiatowski - Medium mountains / flat could even be put into a sprint if necessary
7-Rowe - Protect Froome on the flat
8-Stanndard - as above
9- Henao / Kyrienka - depends on what the team are looking for, Henao is explosive on the climbs, in particular short punchy efforts where as Kyrienka can set a relentless tempo and be a springboard for attacks

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

hayzer114 said:
What I think Tour team will be

1-Froome - Leader
2-Landa - 2nd GC option offer explosiveness on the climbs
3-Thomas - All Rounder - Similar role to last year cant see him being as strong as Landa in the mountains, utilized more in flat / medium mountains
4-Poel - Climber - will consistently be with Froome in the mountains
5-Nieve - Climber
6-Roche - All Rounder - used extensively in medium mountains / flat
Kwiatowski - Medium mountains / flat could even be put into a sprint if necessary
7-Rowe - Protect Froome on the flat
8-Stanndard - as above
9- Henao / Kyrienka - depends on what the team are looking for, Henao is explosive on the climbs, in particular short punchy efforts where as Kyrienka can set a relentless tempo and be a springboard for attacks
serious LOL if you think roche has a bigger shot at the tour than henao :eek:

HelloDolly said:
Pricey_sky said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
I've picked up that Puccio and Froome are getting along great. Maybe something to keep in mind

Agree, that's why I included him in my 4 that are fighting for the final spot.

Not really an issue ...Froome gets on really well with Roche ...team is picked on form only ...Brailsford will pick who is required and not by personality

Like he did in 2014 with Wiggins? :D

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I think people are underestimating Kwiatkowski's chances because he got ill at the Dauphine. He still did a good prologue there showing he has good form. I suppose he is a little inconsistent though.

And Roche really has no chance imo, I have no idea why people are so sure he will make it.

I don't think the team really needs all 3 of Landa, Henao and Nieve since they all fit the same role.

Froome
Thomas
Poles
Rowe
Stannard
Landa
Kwiatkowski
Henao OR Nieve
Kiry OR Puccio

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thomas not looking as good as last year, I think Contador destroyed him on the last day of PN and he hasn't recovered since then :p

Good for the tour though, sky is already too ridiculous

Re:

Miburo said:
Thomas not looking as good as last year, I think Contador destroyed him on the last day of PN and he hasn't recovered since then :p

Good for the tour though, sky is already too ridiculous

I know Thomas really struggles with his weight. He's not a natural climber at all so even one or two kilos too heavy really hurts him.

His recovery is also very questionable so there's a long way to go for him before he'll be leading Sky at a grand tour.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
It might be worth keeping Landa protected if he is in any form if anyone, when on form, he is a big threat.

Yeah, but he'd need to be putting out his best numbers (2015 Giro) to justify that. Really, it needs to be everyone for Froome. He's a two time Tour winner and none of the other Sky riders are capable of beating both Contador and Quintana. A top 5 or top 10 doesn't mean much to a team that has won the race 3 times in the last 4 years so you dedicate and sacrifice everything for Froome.

Sky aren't complete idiots. For Thomas to justify a protected role he had to be going extremely well at Suisse and Landa needed to be absolutely flying at the Dauphine.

pastronef said:
KubaWinter said:
Kwiato is very strong and Froome himself insisted on his participation at the Tour. We'll see if he starts at national RR ;)

looking at Kwiato´s Strava, he´s not training since he abandoned Dauphiné 7 days ago.
I dont know

I very much doubt he won't have done anything. He just hasn't put it on strava imo. When ill they can still do some turbo sessions inside in the warm.

How has Kiri ridden at this race? With the illness for Kwiat it's harder to choose the predict who they will use in his role. Roche could get a ride depending on how Kiri rides.

TRENDING THREADS