• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 104 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Captain Sensible said:
TourOfSardinia said:
If this is OffTopic Mods please feel free ...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/02/shame-on-you-chris-froome-finds-team-not-welcome-in-yorkshire

Yet at the start line in Doncaster on Thursday, Chris Froome, the team’s star rider, was greeted by boos.

The four-time Tour de France winner was trying to give an interview on stage while a small but vocal group of protesters shouted “Shame on you” and “Change your sponsor” while waving placards reading “Frack off Ineos, tha’s not welcome in Yorkshire” and “On your bike, Ineos”. They refused to shut up, despite being told to button it by fans keen for the race not to be overshadowed by the demonstration.

I was there and yes some people were protesting but it was not that vocal, more cheers than boos but thats the press for you

Wasn’t there also a loud rendition of ‘happy birthday’ for Doull? Sounds like a proper angry mob (as was reported) :lol:

oldcrank said:
rick james said:
image_from_ios_670.jpg
I know it has been talked about before but I love the fact that Ineos supplies Acrylonitrile to Toray to make the special carbon fibre that Pinarello uses to make the
Most beautiful bike in the peloton.
To be honest up front, I don't find any road bike beautiful! :lol: That being said, the Pin has too many extra curves for my eyes. I like the black to red color though.

EDIT: no matter how many times I see that big ring, it still makes me :eek: !

oldcrank said:
rick james said:
I know it has been talked about before but I love the fact that Ineos supplies Acrylonitrile to Toray to make the special carbon fibre that Pinarello uses to make the

The carbon fibre frame and fork might be beautiful in isolation but I have to focus on it because my glaze is attracted to that hideous big chain ring. Destroys the look of the entire bike. The UCI should ban ossymetric chainrings because they bring the sport into disrepute in ugliness.

Cookster15 said:
oldcrank said:
rick james said:

The carbon fibre frame and fork might be beautiful in isolation but I have to focus on it because my glaze is attracted to that hideous big chain ring. Destroys the look of the entire bike. The UCI should ban ossymetric chainrings because they bring the sport into disrepute in ugliness.
If only that were a thing in sport :eek:

I was there and yes some people were protesting but it was not that vocal, more cheers than boos but thats the press for you[/quote]

Wasn’t there also a loud rendition of ‘happy birthday’ for Doull? Sounds like a proper angry mob (as was reported) :lol:[/quote]

There was a singing of happy birthday for him yes.
From casual cycling fans the team was well supported the team bus was the most crowed with people of all ages, and for all its dislikes by many fans for the casual cyclist with no interest in racing Sky did a lot for cycling in general and got a lot of people cycling for fun and fitness .

I guess they bring Sosa now (not on the initial startlist for some reason), but the guy is legitimately worse than Purito on a time trial bike. Then again all of the time trials are pretty hilly and Sky desperately would need someone to do something in this race, although they obviously still have Siva and Hart, but both those youngsters will be demolished in the high mountains over the course of three weeks.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I guess they bring Sosa now (not on the initial startlist for some reason), but the guy is legitimately worse than Purito on a time trial bike. Then again all of the time trials are pretty hilly and Sky desperately would need someone to do something in this race, although they obviously still have Siva and Hart, but both those youngsters will be demolished in the high mountains over the course of three weeks.

Best thing would be to let those 3 go stage hunting. As you said, I can’t see them featuring highly on GC over the course of 3 weeks.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Seriously, how do you stop that team at the Tour?
Tensions inside the team, 3 guys wanting to ride for the gc, or Kelderman taking them out Blockhaus style are probably the only realistic options.
I mean in theory someone could simply be better but who? Dumoulin with the giro in his legs? Porte? Mas? Like, am I forgetting anyone or will this really just be an ineos parade? Genuinely the only thing I can see bringing some excitment is fights among the ineos teammates. I mean if Froome has a flawless first week the thing is over, but if it's like last year and Thomas or Bernal are in front of him when they reach the mountains, they won't just willingly hand yellow over to him, or at least I don't think they will. The annoying thing is, this race could have a properly great three way battle for the win, but unfortunately all three guys are riding for the same team.

How strong is Van Baarle in the mountains right now? Wonder if he's going to the Giro, although without Bernal, he may not be needed as much. It wasn't the toughest of climbs yesterday, but he was still pulling on the front with 25 riders left.

Tim Booth said:
Mayomaniac said:
SafeBet said:
Wasn't Sosa previously taken out of the Giro roster?
Tao and Sivakov will be interesting to follow during these three weeks, I expect to win at least a stage.
According to la gazzetta he's noemw part of the Giro roster.
and Gianni Moscon DNS
According to them Moscon will ride the Tour as plan B.
With him, Castro, Kwait, Bernal, Rowe and another guy Sky might think about sending Poels to the Giro with the young guys. Bernal will probably get a Heras role, climbing superdomestique at the Tour and team leader for the Vuelta.

Gigs_98 said:
Mayomaniac said:
Seriously, how do you stop that team at the Tour?
Tensions inside the team, 3 guys wanting to ride for the gc, or Kelderman taking them out Blockhaus style are probably the only realistic options.
I mean in theory someone could simply be better but who? Dumoulin with the giro in his legs? Porte? Mas? Like, am I forgetting anyone or will this really just be an ineos parade? Genuinely the only thing I can see bringing some excitment is fights among the ineos teammates. I mean if Froome has a flawless first week the thing is over, but if it's like last year and Thomas or Bernal are in front of him when they reach the mountains, they won't just willingly hand yellow over to him, or at least I don't think they will. The annoying thing is, this race could have a properly great three way battle for the win, but unfortunately all three guys are riding for the same team.

Bardet and Pinot are the other two that you're forgetting.

Movistar is a disaster and are sending Quintana and Landa. Who knows what they and Valverde's plans are going to be once he recovers from his injury. So I'm not sure I'd count anyone from that team for the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS